SHOTS ON TARGET

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start a chant for fat Sam if there isn’t a shot on target in the first half on Saturday

Everton had no shots on target for the third time in their last five league games, having had no shots on target in three of of their previous TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO league games.

Against...Chelsea, United, and Spurs away.

We don't have Lukaku and Barkley etc and a poor strike force especially against top side's.

Stop feeding agendas.

Screenshot_2018-01-15-19-52-21-1-1080x853.png

Because that list of names is mostly pretty awful, and they wouldn't fit into any coherent formation together.
Fair enough.

But what would be the worst case scenario here? If we completely changed the attack? Lack of shots in a game? Lack of goals? Losing? From where I'm sitting that is exactly what the first choice attack are doing now.

So perhaps trying something different to what we have all season might actually warrant something better? This isn't a fine tuning argument i'm making here mate. Our attack (rooney siggurdson lewen bolasie lennon ) are not only not scoring but they arent shooting either. So for all intents and purposes the attack is the worst in the league. Literally, worst in the league when they can't even hit the target and have very few attempts in doing so. It's not like they don't try, we attacked Liverpool, Chelsea, United, spurs. We got up the pitch, we had pressure, and we did nothing between the lot of them.

So perhaps playing different attackers who have different strengths may be a good idea? You say it would be a terrible idea yet as stated, the ones who do play are literally the worst in the league currently. If the attackers cabt shoot then what is the point in playing them? Hope they get better? Whilst another game goes by without a shot on target? Or play people like vlasic, like lookman, like klassen who may offer something different and click together much more effectively than the bunch of strangers we have playing at the minute.

Against...Chelsea, United, and Spurs away.

We don't have Lukaku and Barkley etc and a poor strike force especially against top side's.

Stop feeding agendas.
But we have attacked in all these games. And still not managed to hit the target.

The issue isn't getting beat or not scoring loads against these teams. It's the issue that the players we are playing can't even have a shot or trouble the keeper at any point

And as I hopefully made my point above, we have loads of attackers who are deemed not good enough in comparison to rival these players who literally contribute nothing in the way of shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.