January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that you don't mention Niasse !

Keane is going through a rough time, but I can see him coming through and being a key part of our defensive setup for the next 5 years, and I'm sure others would agree, so I reckon his price today would be much the same.

With the other names on your list, the issue isn't really how much we overpaid for them (probably a bit less than you think, and in the case of Bolasie we're only just starting to find out how much he has to offer after his 12 month lay-off), but whether we targeted the right players. It's debateable firstly whether any of them have the quality we need to build a team that can break into the top 4, and secondly how far they fit into how we want to set up the team and what style of football we want to play. This is the big worry : that we're bringing in players who can't improve us. But I wouldn't write this lot off yet.
I wasn’t writing them off as such, but at the present moment none of these players would command anywhere near the fees we paid for them and they will only depreciate in value, due to their age. Compare the RS and Salah, they would easily double their money on him at present.
I forgot about niasse. He would prove my point, if it’s true palace are prepared to pay 7m, half of what we paid for him.

I wasn’t writing them off as such, but at the present moment none of these players would command anywhere near the fees we paid for them and they will only depreciate in value, due to their age. Compare the RS and Salah, they would easily double their money on him at present.
I forgot about niasse. He would prove my point, if it’s true palace are prepared to pay 7m, half of what we paid for him.

They would at least triple their money with Salah.

Apart from his goals, is there anything suggesting Doucoure is a good player?

he has started every game I believe. I could be wrong. I’ve watched a few Watford games this season, in all honesty I did not even know who he was until the last couple of days when he was linked to us.

Watched his video for 17/18 seemed to swallow up Davies a couple of times.

It’s a highlight video so In truth I have no idea.

Between 05-09 they were miles ahead of us winning trophies and challenging for the title. After all of Klopp’s so called genius work they now challenge for top 4 and don’t win anything. I think the gap has got smaller even if the derby performances from us have been worse. Round 07 they were ranked as one of the best in Europe. They’re nowhere near that now.
Mate whens the last time we even qualified for the champions league lol and we all know the last time a trophy came and let's face it they're closer than we are to silverware this season and probably next season too yet they've only be averaging a net spend of 24m. Let that sink in. We couldve averaged that without Moshiri.

Interesting that you don't mention Niasse !

Keane is going through a rough time, but I can see him coming through and being a key part of our defensive setup for the next 5 years, and I'm sure others would agree, so I reckon his price today would be much the same.

With the other names on your list, the issue isn't really how much we overpaid for them (probably a bit less than you think, and in the case of Bolasie we're only just starting to find out how much he has to offer after his 12 month lay-off), but whether we targeted the right players. It's debateable firstly whether any of them have the quality we need to build a team that can break into the top 4, and secondly how far they fit into how we want to set up the team and what style of football we want to play. This is the big worry : that we're bringing in players who can't improve us. But I wouldn't write this lot off yet.
Bolasie is the only decent signing for the money and then he blew out his knee. The rest were brainless.

Besic the last of the major outs. Then left back and maybe one more. I certainly think Sam will think what we have with and maybe the odd other player is enough for possibly seventh. Probably better to wait till summer for bigger buys.

That is an exception rather than the rule. The recruitment over the last 2 years has been brainless. We would be lucky to receive half the amounts we paid out for:
Bolasie
Schnerderlin
Klassen
Keane
Siguardsson
That’s close to 150m shelved out.

Really don't agree with Keane and Siguardsson. Gylfi has provided moments of class, and is getting better each month. Keane started great but struggled because of our team being garbage - there is 100% a player in there.

Schnerderlin is harsh, first season he was immense... honestly think he's just given up and not bothered anymore. Can't blame our scouts for not seeing his demise.

Can't comment on Bolasie until end of season, not seen enough of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.