January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no guarantee 7th will get us into Europe again. It only worked last season because of United winning EL and finishing Top 4.

1-4 CL
5-6 EL

7th sometimes under weird circumstances.

5Th is only guaranteed Europa.

If winners of League cup finish top 5, then it goes to 6th.

If winners of FA Cup are in Europe, it goes to 6th, unless League cup was won by Europe last paced then it led to 7th.

Even more likely now that they scrapped the whole FA Cup runners up getting it if winners are qualified.

More often than not, it goes to 7th. It’s unusual when it doesn’t

Agree 6th isn’t happening, 7th could though.

There's no guarantee 7th will get us into Europe again. It only worked last season because of United winning EL and finishing Top 4.

1-4 CL
5-6 EL

to be honest i'd rather jib the Europa off, esp if we have to start our season in june. it completely knackers up our preparation and makes it harder to do transfer business..

id be happy with 7th and no Europa this year. work on the squad in pre season and go for a much better start to the 2018/19 season

We do actually still have Europe to play for, an up turn in results with a couple of new players, we could get 7th (not sure I'm confident of that) but we could do. Apart from the top 6 the rest aren't very good, but nor are we but most of them are playing to there limit at the moment, we are not we have got much better somewhere in this team.
Yeah I suppose 7th is a target of sorts. As you say, top 6 pretty much uncatchable for us this season.
Finishing 7th would be quite amusing given the torrid season we've had so far. That would be a reflection of quality levels in this league I'd say.
The way its panned out this season I'm relieved where we are in the table at the moment. For me, results at WBA and Bournemouth sort of brought my expectations down again. Before those games I was definitely looking up the table.
But yes, a good run of wins and its definitely achievable.
Ok lets sign a quality left back right now then ;)

Im sorry i disagree.

We are playing two players at left back in every game we play because Cuco cannot be left isolated.

You watch us when we defend, our left sided midfielder is always with him, our centre backs are pulled out of position on counter attacks down our left to cover him ( Bournemouth 1st goal, attack down our left, centre half's go out left to cover Cuco, leaving JJK the only defender in the middle, they score.

We cannot build any attacking situations down our left because when he supports, Cuco always turns back and plays a right footed pass either infield ( losing the angle to cross the ball into the box) or plays it back to the centre halves.

He cannot tackle with his left foot, he allows the opposing player to go go past him , then tries to tackle him from the wrong side with his right foot.

Can we afford one?

Im not asking for a superstar left back, just one with a left foot who can tackle a bit.

If the job is too much for Mr Walsh then he should be considering his position.
And yet pre-Walsh we didn't find one either.Care to name one or two we can sign.?

..a report that Everton are looking to tie up the £35m transfer of Zenit winger, Emiliano Rigoni (@bluestevon ?). The Argentinian has apparently got a buy-out clause in his contract and the deal could be based on the player joining Everton in the summer.

Oh good, more cover for Cuco.

Hope this guy likes working back and covering our so called left back.

It
It's odd that the complaints of hoof ball.pepper the forum,yet so.many yearn for a big unit of a CF

Our success and heroes are built on that big number 9 planting one off his forehead whilst taking out the defender and keeper in the process, that's what we love most. We've got in arguably the best crosser in the league, now it's time to properly utilise his strengths and not worry about the Drongos in the media saying how it isnt pretty.

1-4 CL
5-6 EL

Not that strange, if both domestic cups are won by sides in the CL next season then Europa will drop down to 7th. It’s 5th place plus 2 cup spots, both of which are now only given to winners no longer the losing finalists I think. The way both are going 7th looks like it may be open this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.