In all seriousness, this derby record: WTF are we going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rooney was fired up... too fired up and could have seen red in the first half. not exactly helpful that.. and he's meant to lead by example

Yes, it has to be disciplined. That's the key: disciplined shape then dominate periods of a game. We might be getting a bit more of the former but are miles off being able to achieve the latter.

I wasn't proud of it. Bollocks to that. We need wins and a lot of them. Liverpool are better than average and nothing more than that.

Ha ha ha so true.All this im so proud talk, reminds me of the Irish rugby team back in the 90's.When the media over here, would heartily praise another brave and gallant defeat from the lads.lol

They always produce the goods against us no matter how [Poor language removed] they are in that moment, bar when hodgson was in charge for the derby in goodison Oct. 2010 when we smashed them off the park. We have too many chicken [Poor language removed] players who fear losing against them and who fear playing any sort of football on the floor against them because they just don’t have the skill.
For van dijk to score the winner is typical. The script is always written even before a whistle is blown.

We definitely have a terrible mental block when it comes to them, from players and fans. We’ve become so resigned to accepting defeat to them that the best we are hoping for is a draw.

I’ll admit I’m in the already beaten before we start against them category, I just couldn’t see us doing anything last night.

Not necessarily recently but we’ve been in some of the best form we’ve ever had and then choked against them, the Wembley semi final the biggest let down.

I think it’s going to take the biggest slice of luck and fortune shining down on us to scrape a scabby win one day to get the monkey off our backs and break the cycle. I’m just not sure when that’s going to happen.

Also our record at the pit is an embarrassment, we barely score there, forget coming away with a win.

The RS players and fans are always up for the derby. The Everton fans are stirred by this fixture too - but the Everton players are not. They do not understand the significance because the side doesn't possess a suitable captain to ingrain any passion. Jagielka is wimpiest captain to ever wear the armband. Not only that, the RS are just a better team all round and have bottle.

It's absolutely horrible. The 20 year one at their place is worse. We've actually gone there with better sides and been easily beaten. The thing is (as I said on Twitter last night) I’d be alright with suffering at the hands of our biggest rivals if they were Barcelona or Madrid. But they’re Liverpool. A side that’s almost gone as long without a league title as us. We inflate their shitty little outdated ego with this record, but one day it'll change. I'm sure City fans felt like us all of those years although at least they were actually a universe apart in terms on quality, we don't have that excuse. But yeah, one day we'll beat them and it'll be so sweet.

Last edited:

They are defo key ingredients to the failure.

We need fearless players who just dont give a flying one and go there with intent, not going there and adopting the foetal position as so many of our players have...even at GP they hide.

This is it, a winning attitude. I was with two reds watching the game and they were both bricking it, I don't think we realise that they aren't as confident as it seems, we need to be better at recognizing and exploiting that vulnerability.

We need rid of the old guard from the dressing room. Can't be good having players that just expect to lose to them. I'm talking jags, Baines et al. Great servants but ultimately achieved nothing. We need winners, but for that you need a blank cheque these days. We need a manager who is not scared to go and mix it up with them, attack them and treat them as our equals. You could go on, the main thing is the mentality of Everton. Were just happy to make up the numbers these days.

Eventually we will win tbh, not much else to do but wait for that day. Hopefully once the likes of Jagielka and Baines have gone (I like them but they are scarred) we will get better against the rs.

It is not about winning the odd one....lit us about winning as many as we lose, both at home and away.

I remember in the nineties we went about five years undefeated in derbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.