2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have got 35 million for him from chelsea. Instead close to less to half that now from the same club. So close to 20 million because ross decide to hop off a threadmill and claim to want to consider his options. Same option now , as it looks like spurs have withdrawn and interest , but now 20 million less. We are all allowed our view on it. Mine is he is the biggest snake who has played for our club. Hope his footie career flops.

mad how some of you are wishing this rat luck

he's literally swerved Chelsea in the summer so he can sit on his arse at home for 6 months in comfort whilst we pay his wages for doing nothing, than went back just as he's getting fit and got a nice little signing on fee for costing the club abar £15mill.

not once has he come out and explained his reasons why he's going. spineless snakey coward. cant wait to propa boo him when he slots against us tho

15m in this market is peanuts- surely we could have got at least 20m despite him only having a few months left on this contract. Utd and Spurs could have been attracted into a bidding war.

Removing the blue tinted glasses, it was always going to be incredibly difficult to retain the services of all three of those players in the long-term.

We had an opportunity after Martinez's first season if we had continued, however it was unfortunately shown to be a mere purple patch.

Stones moved to the Citeh where he's being coached by one of the best, quietly flourished and is nailed on for a title and possibly European gains.

Personally, I can't blame him for that! Rom has moved to one of the biggest clubs in the world (for a massive fee) because he wants the same.

Once again, I really can't blame him for that either although his behaviour wasn't as respectable as John's; alas, it's not working out as well.

Ross on the other hand, well I think he's slightly riding on the wave of the other two as arguably - well, in my opinion - he's much less of a player.

It's sad to see and sometimes difficult to swallow, however look how many other clubs it happens to; retaining talent is incredibly difficult to do.

Good post mate. One other angle though, if you're striking a difference between Ross and the other two is that both Stones and Lukaku were bought in, stayed a couple of years and then moved on - at significant profit. Arguably they were always investments that we paid out for and while we'd have loved them to stay it was perhaps inevitable they'd move on. Ross is through the boyhood ranks and is an Evertonian - the more obvious comparison is to Rooney. Ross hasn't proved (yet) he can do it anywhere else, still less for a club where he isn't 'revered' as a blue, not treated as top dog, and out of his comfort zone. Lukaku and Stones just outgrew us, in terms of our current situation and trajectory.

How big of a deal was the nightclub incident I wonder, and when added to fans getting on his back - if that's concocted to really motivate him to leave.

It was great whilst it lasted - but it's really poor from our side to let this happen. How much leverage would we have had to at least sit down with him and ask for a 12 month extension? Do we literally have nobody at Everton capable of doing this, or with a good enough relationship to reason with Ross?

Seen better players than him go and will do so again,he’s nothing special at all.

Hmmmmm, well thats ok then, if we have seen better players go than we will be fine

Deulofeu, Stones, Lukaku & Barkley all gone in the last 3 years on the basis of broken promises to them with regards to us pushing on

Aswell as that we havent replaed aging players properly such as Baines, Jagielka, Distin & Barry

The last 3 seasons have messed this up, yes Ross has absolutely sold us down the river, but i would have itchy feet seeing the outgoings and players they have been replaced with

giphy-tumblr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.