Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Take the game to them? You consider stringing a couple of passes on the ground together and a shot on target (wouldn’t that be nice) as us taking the game to Chelsea?

Chelsea have mutilated us in recent years so believe me I’m happy with the result. I just don’t understand how some posters want to remove all context from our performances. We defended really well and as a solid unit from back to front. As an attacking threat we were woeful. And I will not accept that we could not be a little better on the ball in these games, especially at home.
The blame lies with Kooeman though, his total ineptness left us with 1 left back in the squad and no recognised forwards, plus a midfield with little or no width. I sat there yesterday and I could l see the game plan from the off, but also realised what other options do we have. My fear is confidence is still fragile and going for it and getting beat heavily could destroy it all the good work done. My simple outlook when SA arrived was to get as many points as possible, in fairness we have done that. The intriguing part of all of this will be returning players and the Jan window, we will then see if we have the old SA or the new attack minded SA.... until then we can't over judge him
Doing great at the moment though

Moyes got us 4th with ugly football. Therefore kick and rush>>>foreign passing palaver.
A fair point. But that 4th was down to a points total of 61! Almost unbelievable low tally that could be picked up by any decent-ish PL team most seasons.

I think the Large Samuel may get another year if we finish strong, D.
If he adds a football dimension and we finish top 7/8 he probably will. I cant see him playing any decent stuff though. Most will tire of this by May whatever position we get.

Easier said than done mate, after spending that £150m it's going to be all about how much we've got in the kitty left to spend mate, a quality striker isn't going to come cheap, we need a new left-back......
Totally agree mate, a centre forward has to be main priority and also getting Garbut back in the PL squad...but in reality we need more than that, but would be a start

That progress is the challenge and question that Sam has to answer, certainly he can keep us at this current level as he has historically. But when you look at what ended him at West Ham it was the fans wanting more, in terms of progress and challenging the glass ceiling. That will ultimately happen here and that is the measure of success or failure he will be judged on. This season is a honeymoon period in my opinion and i'm sure we will bloody a few noses and finish close to the European spots maybe even sneak one. But the bigger challenge for him lies in the development of this club, rather then threading water and actually challenging for the champions league, that is the standard he will succeed or fail on and the developmental pathway of getting there or not.

This.
It is what happens after the ship has been steadied that will define Allardyce's tenure.
If we are winning games and look like a decent side next season then why not renew his contact in 18 months, if we don't perform we can let him go, we will just have to wait and see.
We do seem to be moving in the right direction though.

If we finish top 8 he deserves two more seasons to improve us further. I think even the most optimistic blues would have predicted 6-8 points max in the games he has been in charge.

If we keep drawing against the top 6 and beating the majority of the teams below then we could get 7th again which is a fantastic season. After Southampton most people would have probably taken 15th for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.