PL place target for the rest of the season

Where do we need to finish for the season now to be acceptable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
There's a fresh start to the season starting from today. We stand at 13th. There are 24 games to be played - so just under 2/3rds of the season left.

We find ourselves still with a squad who have underperformed, but who have somehow in the last 5 games dragged us 5 places up the table.

Confidence has been rocked and we're still shaky, and we have tough games to come. But we have a few players on the verge of a return to first team action and we have a chance in the January window to add an attacker and defenders to the squad.

What should be our PL target this season?

I said 7th/8th at the start of the season and I've seen nothing to suggest that's impossible. On the basis that we still haven't sorted out our away form though, which i'd hoped we would have done, I would say 8th/9th is maybe more realistic. Anything less than that is very disappointing.

Top 7 and two cups.

I know we've been eliminated from one of them, but I sincerely hope Allardyce goes in and does this to whoever is saying we can't go back in.
140074.jpg

I expect few ins and outs in the January window and i also expect us to move to top half of the table and finish somewhere between 7 to 10

Our aim, should be to target the European places. But given our abysmal start, I’d take a top 10 finish and some signs that we’re not reverting to a hoofing team of yard dogs if we can gain some winning momentum.

A cup run wouldn’t go amiss either.

As I've said, our aim now - imo - is 40 points as quickly as possible.

From there, depending on how long that takes us, we see where we are and reassess.

If we reach that point in January, which would require a good run but is doable, then we should be looking at a top eight finish.

If it takes longer, it may be top 10/mid-table.

Imperative to simply get to that 40 point mark and then go from there in my eyes. I think that will be the plan as well, at first.

15 points from 42 so far. Worst defensive stats we've ever had at this stage in the season and our attack has in the main been abysmal.

As I've said, our aim now - imo - is 40 points as quickly as possible.

From there, depending on how long that takes us, we see where we are and reassess.

If we reach that point in January, which would require a good run but is doable, then we should be looking at a top eight finish.

If it takes longer, it may be top 10/mid-table.

Imperative to simply get to that 40 point mark and then go from there in my eyes. I think that will be the plan as well, at first.

15 points from 42 so far. Worst defensive stats we've ever had at this stage in the season and our attack has in the main been abysmal.
And yet only 8 out of the 20 teams in the league have scored more goals than us. Why? Because we're better than most of the teams in this league, as I've been saying for ages. We've been playing like a drain but still beating teams, because despite what loads of people want you to believe, we have better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.