Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world, this wouldn't be happening but there is no attainable manager out there currently who would fit with our lofty ambitions

We need to deal with the here and now - regardless of our current position, I'd say we are quite clearly the worst team in the country as things stand and our direction of travel is downwards

Appointing Allardyce is sickening, but it does at least address the immediate issue at hand. He's a sensible move if we are concerned about relegation - and we should be

In the summer we need to clear house though - that includes Walsh and anyone else who has been involved in this debacle

Came on here this morning and it was supposed to be Diego Simeone. Now it's back to Sam Allardyce. I'm feeling somewhat underwhelmed tbh. Absolute farce of a process. We could have got him weeks ago, saved everyone a lot of grief and tried to come to terms with the crushing disappointment. No plan, no ambition. Nothing will be the same? Yeah, right.

The alternative by the way is relegation. This shower need someone who will front them up and suss these cowards out - they would swamp Silva as they did others. They won’t will this fella though.

I agree. I like Silva but I doubt he could turn this side around in the short time we've got. Maybe we can look to him again in the summer.

really don't get all the negativity toward allardyce, no it's not ideal.

But have you all not watched this season?

we have not played well. ALL SEASON.

Not even ONCE!!!

20+ games and we've stank IN EVERY SINGLE ONE

This is the worst Everton team i've ever seen in over 30 years of supporting us.

No need to panic ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I think that the original first choice was Allyrdyce until the end of the season and Silva taking over then. I think Allyrdyces refusal to take a short term contract scuppered that idea.

Alan Myers is usually solid with his information and because he is so cautious leads me to believe that maybe this news relates to the Watford situation. Sam Allyrdyce is basically a free agent ( apart from compo to Crystal Palace) and could come at any time if agreement is reached I don't think privacy and secrecy would be such a huge issue.

I am glad to see that hypocrisy is still alive and well on GOT. Is Sam Allyrdyce really any worse than most of the people involved in football. There are so many deals at every club that you could look at and wonder how they came about...or why. Certainly a couple at our own club would make you wonder like Niasse and the lad from South America whose name escapes me. If Silva or Simeone were accused of whatever Allyrdyce is accused of would we still be on our high moral ground ?

At the moment I would accept the devil himself as manager if I thought he could start winning matches for our club.
Thankfully , I am not in a position where I have to decide on the moral character of our next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.