2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semantics here but isnt that just making the most of it and not diving
Depends on your definition of diving.

Mine is whatever one does to "buy" calls. It's got out of control, and it's unfortunate in this case we're on the wrong end, but hey, we did get the pen in the game, when very easily we could have not got it.

My only point is I want to see what Oumar did removed from the game. Sure, there will always be players/clubs that get more calls than others, real or imagined, but it doesn't stem my overall belief the game would be better without it.

No. They have looked at it. The FA only issue a charge if the panel agree unanimously.
-------
An FA statement read: "Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

"Each panel member will be asked to review all available video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it was an offence of 'Successful Deception of a Match Official'.

"Only in circumstances where the panel are unanimous would the FA issue a charge."
Which is still BS cuz it's not like one of them can't go against the others just because it's his favourite team/player, per se...

Well you would have to assume they have reviewed those other incidents already as its been in place since the start of the season, no?

The punished and unpunished dives are always going to cause debate, but I am glad they are starting to do something about it.

It's not as simple as your "not the first time its happened". What were the other incidents you are talking about? Were they dives with no contact? Were they clearly falling over in a manner that couldn't have been caused by the contact?

come on mate, why so confrontational, the other incidents have been discussed already, sanchez, richarlison, etc etc,

weve been crapped on, because we are not one of the media darlings, and niasse is not a massive name

yes he went down easily, and I wouldn't care if he did get done for it, as it could be construed as tricking the ref, but are you telling me we wont see it again with a big name player and they will get the same punishment, not a chance

agreed, like I said if they use this as a basis and then start to prosecute moving forward, im all for it, if niasse gets banned then others get away with it that's when it becomes a joke

again mate, he did touch him yes but not enough to make him go down, so niasse has felt it and then thought if I make a meal of this and dive to the floor I might get a pen ( he did fair enough ) but is that not cheating?

Not for me pal and the thing is if we disagree on what cheating is then how can this particular incident be deemed so blantant as to deserve a ban.

Not for me pal and the thing is if we disagree on what cheating is then how can this particular incident be deemed so blantant as to deserve a ban.

agree with that like, if were pulling this up where do they draw the line?

however something does need to be done about it, the reason I think this has made it so big is because he's actually won a pen, if this happens in the middle of the park and we get a free kick or he gets a yellow it probably doesn't make the news

they need to start somewhere and unfortunately for us/oumar it's going to be him

I've said it before, he 'played for the free kick' as happens all the time when players are shepherding the ball out for a throwing/goalkick. The Phil Neville's and Alan Shearer's of this world seem to have no problem with this so how is it different in the penalty box. Niasse was touched. It may not have been enough to knock him over but the same could be sent of 50% of the fouls given in the modern game. Thick pundits without a logical bone in their bodies!

The excessive 'theatrical' aspects of the game do need checking, so in principle I am not averse to some review process facilitating said. I do however harbour sizeable scepticism/cynicism as to this 'judiciary' review being an entirely disinterested and impartial due process.

Status
Not open for further replies.