Match Thread Crystal Palace vs Everton, 18/11/2017. KO @ 3pm GMT.

Who will be less crap on the day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Everton's last outing ended in a dramatic and very, very much needed win against Watford. Hopefully this won't be a season of saying "the season starts now" every time we win but if there's any hope of following a league win with another for the first time this season, one would hope that would come against quite possibly the only team you could say have been worse than us this season (despite what the league table says); Crystal Palace.

geoff-thomas-mark-bright-zds-final-1991-cpfc.jpg

So a brief word on our hosts. Honestly, I haven't got much, such is our awfulness this season that it drives me to a state of apathy, making me detached from football as a whole. When our results pick up, so too shall my actual eagerness to engage with the Premier League again. However, with that said I should make some attempts to justify this thread...

Englands-midfielder-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek.jpg

The one time Full Members Cup winners have been utterly, utterly turbo garbage this season. Frank De Boer's stint as Palace manager somehow managed to be more short lived than your average male's first sexual encounter. Impressive stuff, premature from the board? For the best? I couldn't possibly answer but their current manager doesn't exactly instill fear in the opposition that's for sure. In fairness to the Owl-Man however, they have finally recorded a Premier League win with him as their boss, against Chelsea no less. Coupled with a home draw against West Ham and narrow, unlucky defeats away to Newcastle and Spurs, perhaps things are looking up for Palace, especially given they have Benteke to come back.

in-story-web_02.jpg

What can we expect you ask? Oh, you didn't? No? Well anyway much has been made of the Chelsea Loanee Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who produced a "world-class" performance in England's glorious 0-0 draw with Germany according to some media outlets. Classic overrating of young English talent, but a talented player nonetheless, he reminds me somewhat of Barkley when he first came into to prominence a few years ago. They still have no out-and-out front man, but pace up top in Zaha and Townsend which is enough for me to weep for our aging and human-snail hybrid defense.

palace-liverpool-suarez_3230510.jpg

NOW FOR THE MIGHT BLUES OF EVERTON

Looks like Unsworth is still da man this weekend. For how much longer... who knows? Have the board done the right thing? Probably not, but in my opinion I'd much rather stick with Unsworth until January at the very least when the options are Dyche; a good manager but a step back for us, and Silva; on paper a talented young coach but makes my "phenomenal" senses tingle as well him probably costing us 4563635 gazillion quid to pry from Watford. Additionally, I hope interstellar space travel is mastered soon for the sole purpose of getting Fat Sam as far away from Everton Football Club as we can.

David-Unsworth-during-the-Everton-press-conference.jpg

There's a chance we may see Barkley back for this, and I sincerely hope so, despite what's been said he's a fantastic player who I pine to see in an Everton shirt again. Coleman and Bolasie aren't ready but other than that the rest of the team should be good to go save for perhaps Mirallas, Schneiderlin and Vlasic if it's true them and Unsworth aren't on the same page. What I do know is that Niasse has to start, he is simultaneously terrible but infectious. He just has a knack for slotting it would appear so long may King Oumar live.... until January that is, when we hopefully get an actual, decent striker.

_95644201_ross.jpg

There's plenty of good omens going in to this one, Palace are just about probably worse than us, our last league away win was at Palace like 10 months ago and their current manager was the last Liverpool manager to have actually lost a derby in like 7 years.

COME ON EVERTON THESE ARE bad THESE!

Premier-League-Everton-vs-Watford.jpg

Last edited:

There's a rail replacement bus service from Clapham on saturday to make it even more of a pain to get there. @Alan Whittle are there any pubs by Norwood Junction that are ok with away fans ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.