Europa League - Lyon (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna go to their club shop on the day, and pay a local to get us a couple of tickets, which is what happened in Nuremberg.
There will be blues all over the stadium, although it might mean keeping quiet in certain sections !

Don't understand such a small allocation if it will just be Evertonians on the top tier anyway? Surely they can open more top tier blocks for us and if they are still worried about 'trouble' I imagine it's a lot safer to have 5,000 Evertonians contained on the top tier then 2,800 with like 2-3,000 dotted around the Lyon end as well as those who have already booked travel/accomodation stuck outside the ground!

Longshot as well like but if anybody will have one spare I will be eternally grateful!

Don't understand such a small allocation if it will just be Evertonians on the top tier anyway? Surely they can open more top tier blocks for us and if they are still worried about 'trouble' I imagine it's a lot safer to have 5,000 Evertonians contained on the top tier then 2,800 with like 2-3,000 dotted around the Lyon end as well as those who have already booked travel/accomodation stuck outside the ground!

Longshot as well like but if anybody will have one spare I will be eternally grateful!

Maybe they're foolishly hoping that it'd put off some of our fans from travelling but by only releasing the criteria 3 weeks before, the vast majority will already have made their plans.

I think it's a strange decision given that Everton know the kind of numbers that usually travel for these types of games, and also after seeing what happened with Cologne fans at the Emirates. I'm not suggesting we will have anywhere near the level of supporters that Cologne had, as they had something like 17,000 and I imagine we will have potentially 4-5,000 travelling over, but that was another case where there were plenty of available spaces as the home support hadn't filled the stadium and were prepared to sell tickets to the away fans.

The reason for our small allocation was concerns with segregation.

The reason for our small allocation was concerns with segregation.

You're normall extremely reliable, and I appreciate that. However, surely this makes no sense, as if we're in the upper tier, and Lyon fans will not be, then surely segregation shouldn't be an issue, well, a big one anyway!

You're normall extremely reliable, and I appreciate that. However, surely this makes no sense, as if we're in the upper tier, and Lyon fans will not be, then surely segregation shouldn't be an issue, well, a big one anyway!
the away fans are inside a big net, maybe they dont want anyone outside that ? the fact we have been reported for throwing stuff in our last 2 games won't have helped our request for more tickets.

I would imagine with what happened with besiktas fans last year, the rather large fall out in the press in france following it and the fact that they have to be on their best behaviour with holding the final.

Also Add to the fact that fans from English clubs have a horrific reputation overseas

Its a shame mind

I would imagine with what happened with besiktas fans last year, the rather large fall out in the press in france following it and the fact that they have to be on their best behaviour with holding the final.

Also Add to the fact that fans from English clubs have a horrific reputation overseas

Its a shame mind

Again the Besiktas thing doesn’t make sense as it started when Besiktas fans had tickets all over the home end.

Well guess what situation they’ve created here...

I can see fans being refused entry myself, in Lille a copper picked me out as English straight away, I asked how he knew & his answer was "your face," so any of our pasty faced north face clad ninjas attempting have got no chance.
yeah,id leave the under armour stuff plus those crap retro fila/ellesse tracky tops at home as well!

yeah,id leave the under armour stuff plus those crap retro fila/ellesse tracky tops at home as well!
maybe stop off in Paris for some threads to fit in
French.jpg

if they go for the left hand 1 they can utilise their Martinez Brogues

The allocation that we have received is an abserloute joke!!! Everton fc know the numbers we take to all away games both PL and Europe! The surely have to give us a bumper allocation coz ther will be 2/3000 traveling blues without tickets, it's just going to create trouble inside and out the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.