Confirmed Signing Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how he'd have qualified for a work permit with just 6 months at Anderlecht.
There are apparently " special talent "cases that can be made , not just the 75% of internationals one :

"Changes to the FA's work permit regulations for non-EU players came in to effect in 2015 and were designed to allow only players who are “internationally established at the highest level” and “whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level”.

Well I guess the PL is the highest level even if we're not , and a case could be made that he will make a significant contribution i.e. We are desperate. For me I would leave him where he is to enjoy the Champions League games , continue scoring goals and come to us in the summer a better player in a settled team . It really is desperation the way we parachute the likes of Vlasic and Sandro in , young talented players from a foreign country trying to adapt . The only reason I can see for him to come back is that it will help him next season in the PL if he's had some experience here , but not outweighed by leaving him where he is to develop for another 7 months or so .

Steve Davis for £20m. Imagine playing:

Pickford

Martina Jagielka Williams Baines

Schneiderlin

Klassan Rooney Davis Vlasic Sigurdsson
The old 4-6-0, exploit the middle formation. Our heat map of player movement would be the size of the centre circle, just 10 yards further forward lol

Koeman would wet himself at this prospect!!!

True. lol

Koeman is like someone playing FM trying out the most stupid formations possible just to see what happens.

Special talents argument now that Nigeria are 44th in the FIFA Rankings. Players from teams in the top 50 can be considered to skip over the 75% of national team games requirement for a work permit.

City used it with Ihenancho.

Got to be a pretty solid argument apparently to be considered and it can take time.

Yeh I thought they'd come down pretty hard on that exceptional talent rule recently.

Steve Davis for £20m. Imagine playing:

Pickford

Martina Jagielka Williams Baines

Schneiderlin

Klassan Rooney Davis Vlasic Sigurdsson
The old 4-6-0, exploit the middle formation. Our heat map of player movement would be the size of the centre circle, just 10 yards further forward lol

Koeman would wet himself at this prospect!!!
with Steve Davis upfront, if he can get a touch on that free-kick from Gylfi... then screw back for the yellow green, brown blue pink and black.. 147-0
(or is there someone else called steve davis now??:D)

Does anyone expect any of our players to get 10 goals this season? I am flapping over that to be honest. We desperately need reinforcements in January

Koeman will just stick him on the bench and never use him like he does with Lookman.

He hates flair players.

right for 1 im not disregarding what he has done, just saying people need to calm down thinking he's going to start banging in all these goals because he's scored a couple last week

on the highlight pointed, again not disregarding what he has done but there is more to it then he comes on and bags two, davies and Kenny come in and that changes the game, if davies doesn't come on does niasse get other of those chances? ( definitely doesn't get the first chance )

I agree mate... he won't start banging on goals ... I love him as far as his attitude and respect for the club when asked in interviews etc... but... he literally runs around with no idea what he's doing and never looks like he's in control of the football...

Status
Not open for further replies.