2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
League one standard and is laughably expected to get up and down with very little protection when defending. More instantly from Ronald

This waste of space at one point yesterday ran away from Burnley's left winger while he was on the ball. Our right back turned his back on him and ran in the opposite direction. I've never seen anything like it on a football pitch professional or amateur. Anyone who claims this lad is better than any of our other players (crap as they've been) clearly doesn't go down to the game. This guy is a disgrace to the shirt and is symptomatic of all of our problems.

This waste of space at one point yesterday ran away from Burnley's left winger while he was on the ball. Our right back turned his back on him and ran in the opposite direction. I've never seen anything like it on a football pitch professional or amateur. Anyone who claims this lad is better than any of our other players (crap as they've been) clearly doesn't go down to the game. This guy is a disgrace to the shirt and is symptomatic of all of our problems.

Kenny,is that you?

The level of, Mitch Ward, Tony Thomas, Marc Hottiger, Earl Barrett....

No?

Matt Jackson and Tony Hibbert perhaps?

No?

The way some of you lot are carrying on he's a blend of Gary Stevens, Cafu, Kanchelskis, Ronaldo and Messi.

He's a total donkey whose one single skill is that he's able to cross a ball when not pressured.

Dearie me.

Sigh

Some real football experts on this forum

Moomin said:
Has been impressive. Him and Lookman look to have a good partnership

Don't understand the morning about this lad. He's a good player !

Decent performance. Offers enough going forward that I'm not massively bothered about his defending. Not today, anyway.

He's no Seamus but is proving to be a decent backup.

He may not be the best player we ever had, but he is a hell of a long way from the worst.

Not bad at all

played well

Has an argument for MOTM. Goes to Keane for me

gotten better every game so far for me, good link up with lookman, not pristine, but it's not going to be

Cuco is alight today is he? He is good when going forward.
Kantareller said:
Decent today. No complaints.

Bossed it. Seamus who?

But John Jo should be starting before him he's crap.... Blah Blah Blah.

Thought he was great tonight to be honest :Blink:

Was great tonight, both defensively and going forward. Keep that type of performance up and he'll pipe a load of people right down.

Piped down the bell boo boys. Well in lad.

Played well tonight piped me right down

Really liked the look of him tonight. Worked hard, was composed, and linked up well on the right both with Lookman and Mirallas. For me he's our starting RB in a 4-3-3.

Good game
Played Cuckoo lad

Surprised in a good way on his movement and composure. Lanky lad.
Abraders said:
Thought he did well for most of the game.

His crossing is really good.

Did well tonight. We know he's not a world beater , but he's nowhere near as bad as some would have. Can definitely put a decent cross in anyway.

He's not bad at all

HA HA

95% of you were slating him on the basis of one competetive game. Different ring in the bell now or what. You all shud get little slap in yers arses.

It's amazing isn't it.

He was getting loads of grief in preseason in this thread.

Without him being given the benefit of preseason.

He put more good crosses in last night than Everton did as a team the whole of last season

Last night's proven. The reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

'He can cross a ball superbly but his defending is suspect'.......Haven't people been saying this about Baines for years?

peteblue said:
Why, he had a great game on Thursday. His interplay with Lookman was reminiscent of Baines and Pienaar, he did a decent job and is still getting slagged off, disgraceful really......

A lot of people are completely writing off his defensive contributions but from what I've seen so far he's been fine? certainly no worse than Baines..

He was my man of the match Thursday, just pipping Gana who you know will be top notch. Did everything right and put in some belter crosses

I quite like this guy - he seems up for it and willing to impress. He fitted into the side really well against Split and had a good performance. Hopefully someone we can rely on to do a reasonably good job until Seamus is back.

Yeah he's rubbish isn't he lads?

:coffee:

Looks like the people rushing to write him off were wrong yet again. They'll be back when he has a bad game though to tell us they told us so.

:coffee:

Done really well to defy expectations this season. Sure, he'll have the odd shocker - but Baines has probably only had two decent halves this season so far as well. Need to be fair.

He isn't gonna take Coleman's spot, but he'll plug the gap for now. It's stupid to make him a scapegoat, he's put a few good shifts in for us, worked hard, created some chances gong forwards. There are a lot worse out there.
Zezti said:
Bargain of the season.

Another type of player that needs game time to get his confidence back I think. For a freebie could of been a shed load worse.

Easy whipping boy this lad. So far i think he has equipped himself well. Nowhere near the level of gashness some on here are spouting.

Or perhaps we could play Kenny...

Or Holgate...

You know, England u21 players...
Play holgate, every one on here slates him.

Kenny not exactly made the position his own either with erratic performances also. Pretty much just as ineffective as Martina.

I blame the lack of width in front of them for the most part in terms of attacking, being relied upon to be our creative outlet whilst everybody stands still in the box.

Defending is suspect with Martina still. As with Keane, Williams, Jags etc...

Play holgate, every one on here slates him.

Kenny not exactly made the position his own either with erratic performances also. Pretty much just as ineffective as Martina.

I blame the lack of width in front of them for the most part in terms of attacking, being relied upon to be our creative outlet whilst everybody stands still in the box.

Defending is suspect with Martina still. As with Keane, Williams, Jags etc...

Either of Kenny or Holgate (whose needed at centre back instead of Williams) would be an enormous upgrade on Cuco

Status
Not open for further replies.