Who's coming to make a full house when Everton FC play CD Everton of Chile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Damon

Player Valuation: £60m
Who's coming to the Everton v Everton game... if it's on! - let us know below.

I'm intending to take the Everton banner with me ... and take an unusual trip up to the top balcony for this one to welcome our Chilean friends. ;)

Warming up nicely... coyb!

Moyes praised for link with Chilean side CD Everton
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8735214.stm?
_48052357_moyes.jpg

Moyes' Blues will play CD Everton days before the start of the new season
By Paul Garrity
BBC Radio Merseyside

It is a very rare occasion when two teams that have the same name play each other, but that will happen when Everton meet Everton at Goodison Park in August.
David Moyes' side entertain Chilean side CD Everton on Wednesday, 4 August in a pre-season friendly.
The two sides have formed a close relationship over the last 10 years and the latest development has produced this match ahead of the Blues' 2010/11 Premier League campaign.
The Ruleteros Society, a group of Everton supporters who have built links between the clubs, has praised the part Moyes has played in the arrangement of the fixture.
"To give David Moyes credit - it's a leap of faith," Society member John Shearon told BBC Radio Merseyside. "He doesn't know how good CD Everton are. Everton are just about to start on a new Premier League campaign and he has taken a flyer here.
"He's seen the development of the relationship between the fans and the clubs themselves and he's said he is prepared to play them.
"He doesn't know whether they are going to get beat or if they're going to win but he's prepared to make that commitment, which is fantastic.
"So he deserves a lot of credit, as do [chief executive] Robert Elstone and [chairman] Bill Kenwright. The three of them have basically taken this match on faith. In today's world of football where it's about money that's so refreshing."

Shearon admits a lot of hard work has gone in by many fans from both clubs to develop links between Merseyside and Chile and says he is delighted with the overall outcome.
"The link between the supporters came about in 1997 and I went over for a second visit and met up with people in Viña del Mar," Shearon added.
"It was followed up in 2002 with another visit and this time I had the backing of a large number of Evertonians in Liverpool and the desire then was to form a link between the fans.
"Once we had the fans in place we were able to work towards getting the clubs on board.
"From 2002 to today we've built up the connections between groups of supporters and brought the directors and the movers at both clubs into the picture more.
"There are a lot of Evertonians who over a number of years have worked really hard to get this game on. It's a dream come true."
Everton's match with CD Everton of Chile will take place at Goodison Park on Wednesday, 4 August 2010, with kick off at 2000 BST.

IT'S ON!

I'll be going! Contemplating getting a tcket in the Top Balc cos it's the only part of the ground I've never sat in! And I won't get many other chances during the season.

it's on a wednesday as well, a friday or sat would make it a better day/night out and i reckon a bigger crowd, with the kids prices it's a great chance to take them down there.

Oh, they've finally got smart to cheap pre-season prices.

I think it was against PSV or someone they were charging full price? I might be wrong, but that was a bit stupid really

I would love to have gone - I'm one of those who's of the opinion that we let CD Everton down badly by not arranging a friendly in their centenary year - but I'll be in Spain.

£7 sounds good. £3 for kids on a school holiday is good too. the club have called this one right.

Im deffo going to this,
I was looking at getting one of their shirts for the game, they are made by Umbro of all people, but I cant seem to find anywhere that sells them in the UK, anyone got any contacts / info?

Status
Not open for further replies.