Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there we go everton had the opportunity to sign a striker and really have a good go this season..... they didn't. Everton will finish outside the top 6. We are not really any better off than last season

Ronald Koeman on the 16th August:

We still need to sign a striker,” the Everton manager said. “Everybody knows that we lost Romelu Lukaku. We brought in Wayne Rooney, Sandro Ramírez and now Gylfi, and maybe they can share the goals around more than happened last season, but we still need another one to play the No9. When you play in Europe, and let’s hope we reach Europe, and in the Premier League you cannot do it with just one or two strikers.

The board has failed to do this. How anybody could dress this up as anything other than a very disappointing end to what could have been a positive summer is beyond me.

As ever with Everton, it's two steps forward, one step back.

Yes i'm sure most have done it once or twice but not many will have broken it three times in one window. The point is none of us will be happy as we didn't get a top class striker but when you sell a top one we were never going to replace with another world class one. We aren't at the races yet.

Who knows whether the management didn't fancy the next level down or perhaps we have been advised come the next window our top target(s) might be available. There are too many factors involved. There is way to much doom and gloom around here, if we do the same next year as we have done this year (1 top class signing in Jan/3 in the summer and we should have a team that can compete for the top 4. Also hopefully that Henry kid turns out to be a star.

Onwards and upwards.
Honestly bro your optimism is nice but have you heard Mr Moshiri moments ago?

I also don't believe we have money to go and burn, not even a little bit.

Maybe next season if we sell Gana for a mad profit we can buy some more togger players.

Pass me the bleach.

Perhaps maybe we can give this new Everton side and the manager a while longer before throwing toys out of the pram???
Koeman is great and Moshiri has just said it's his squad. I for one buy into them

It's his squad minus the most important player (the one who puts it in the onion bag)

If you're a grown man I urge you not to lose it over this.

Be disappointed if you want, or be happy that we did good business early on, but whatever, please be civil on here at least.
Over the window I am happy enough, Pickford and Keane look great signings, up to now Rooney looks 10 times the player most of us thought he would be and Gylfi has just signed with no pre season but is proven class. The others need time to settle coming in from abroad and yes we could have done with a centre half and a striker but I think the squad has a lot more depth than this time last season and we have so many good young players to bring on it is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.