Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the time where a resigned apathy starts to set in. Like last year.

Something will happen after 7pm to raise our hopes, and then they'll be dashed again.

If no striker arrives, its very very poor from the club. Negligent even.

Hard luck stories arent good enough.
We'll get a "we tried for the 60million signing of x,y,z, but couldn't get it over the line, so we go with what we've got"

Please Everton don't disappoint us yet again. No good striker today = let's forget any success this season. Simple as that. What a waste of time signing Pickford, Keane and Sigurdsson was if we're not going to get somebody who can put the ball into the back of the net.

Spot on. It would be very disappointing if we had strengthened the team to be in a position to challenge the top teams knowing a goalscorer was also a must, and then just fail to bring one in. They've had months to sort the striker situation out, i'm disappointed it's been left this late and if it doesn't get sorted at all, then we have no chance of challenging the top 6 this season.

I just don't understand how we brought in Steve Walsh, the transfer guru, and in the entire global footballing community he hasn't been able to find us a striker yet.

I could do the job if he is just going to go after Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea backups

Same here, think he will be a good signing.

I get the impression it's a domino transfer though. Sanchez to city, bony to Swansea, llorente to Chelsea and batshuayi to us.
Belgium play tonight so if he's last in the domino effect then I can see us missing out. Needs to be done this afternoon at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.