Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't. That's the problem - we've spent very little; indeed, we've spent in line with the last few years under Kenwright, and that's before you take into account the massive increase in TV revenue. Sure, Sigurdsson has distorted it right now, but if Barkley goes for around £30m+ then we're back to square one again in terms of spend.

Which is fine over one summer and January, I could excuse that even if it wasn't ideal. But if we exit this window once again looking like we're "sell to buy", with the only difference being we can use what is basically an overdraft to buy before selling, then I'll be very angry as there's no excuse.

But we'll see. A few hours to go.

Fair enough that's your opinion but I profoundly disagree with you.

I remember transfer windows where we were signing players like AvM and Drenthe rather than spending over £100m on three players alone.

Striker is an issue but I don't see this window as a right off no way

We're oh so close to going with what we've got. Oh well, at least we are linked to some big names strikers and defenders, that's as good as actually signing them for our board lolololol

No I know what he was saying, we've already discussed it further since then.

You might get the odd one who thinks we should be able to sign whoever but they're very few and far between. In the main nobody has really complained about us not getting Morata/Lacazette etc because we appreciate where we are. I know we've had the conversation before though that Moshiri's comments about having no restrictions and bidding £60m for defenders was always likely to backfire if we couldn't back it up. Truth is a £50m striker should be well within our means if that's true. While not all players can be swayed with cash, an awful lot can. We're not so far down the tiers that a quality player can't be tempted here in the right circumstances, no PL club is.
I haven't got a problem with us bidding, or people wanting us to bid for good players, even if this be £50/60m bids. This Werner thing now for instance, had these rumours come out a month ago I'd have been made up and willing them to be true. What I have an issue with is when a supposed target ends up going to clubs like Chelsea or Juve, and some of our fans start acting as though we could have done something about it and having a go at the club for missing out.

I agree though that they are probably in the minority and the vast majority on here have more realistic expectations. At the moment those expectations (for who we can bring in before the window closes) are probably quite slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.