Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
£120m spent

DefensiveEnlightenedHyrax-max-1mb.gif
It's been a bit of a disaster again hasn't it. Three days till the window slams shut though so still hoping we get a decent player in

I cant help but feel we have splashed the Lukaku cash on bang average players. Pickford Keane look good the rest a gamble
Hope it pays off though and we have a good season

It's early but so far I agree, you can get away with so many attacking midfielders if you have fluid tippy tippy players like Silva, Ozil, and Sanchez, but at the moment we don't.

Until we find a system to play Gylfi, Rooney, Sandro and Klaasen we are just going to have 4 similar players occupying exactly the same space and playing exactly the same way.

I've been operating under the assumption that was exactly the plan. The squad was old and thin (still is), and the club needed to build a foundation for stability over the next 3-5+ years. They brought in players who maybe weren't good enough for the top 4, but were good enough to keep Everton within reach.

The next step is to find a way to get those one or two star players to jump from 7th to 4th.

i will admit i fell for it at the beginning of the window.

billionaire owner with money falling out his arse, new manager and director of football. all publicly stating in press conferences that we will do this and do that. we sold some dead wood and brought in some new faces. then we sold lukaku and it has become clear its the usual dribble we hear every year.

to be honest im happy with the current squad and will be pleased if we finish in the top half of the table....could be worse

Looks like we spent the Lukaku money and a bit of the extra TV money.

Whether we have spent it wisely remains to be seen but the initial reaction would be that we haven't.

Thursday is going to be same old same old...

Emergency loan time.

Fully prepared to go with what we've got on Thursday. We'll hear stories of how we were close to some signings but couldn't get them over the line, and how Koeman has confidence in Calvert-Lewin and Martina leading us to glory on four fronts this season.

Genuinely think, once it's official with us signing nobody else, that we should forget the league and just go all out for the Europa and the domestic cups. Impossible to finish anywhere near qualifying for Europe via league with the current squad.

Reactions: dav
Fully prepared to go with what we've got on Thursday. We'll hear stories of how we were close to some signings but couldn't get them over the line, and how Koeman has confidence in Calvert-Lewin and Martina leading us to glory on four fronts this season.

Genuinely think, once it's official with us signing nobody else, that we should forget the league and just go all out for the Europa and the domestic cups. Impossible to finish anywhere near qualifying for Europe via league with the current squad.

Nice idea.

However, we don't have the ability required to win the Europa.
Nor will be beat the big six in the domestic cups.

Let's win the U23's league again though.

I think people post on here drunk.

i will admit i fell for it at the beginning of the window.

billionaire owner with money falling out his arse, new manager and director of football. all publicly stating in press conferences that we will do this and do that. we sold some dead wood and brought in some new faces. then we sold lukaku and it has become clear its the usual dribble we hear every year.

to be honest im happy with the current squad and will be pleased if we finish in the top half of the table....could be worse

Not to be cliche, but it's a process. It's not about just making it into the top four, it's about staying in the top four.

The club entered the window with only three players under 30 that they could count on going forward. That's almost inconceivable for a club in Everton's position. Now they potentially have eight, not including developing players like DCL.

This window hasn't been great (yet - still time), but the issue hasn't been the commitment shown by Moshiri. The biggest issue was the amount of work that needed to be done.

Wot's he said ?

You know, he's said he wants experienced players or If not would go for promising kids.

Then he's said he wants someone who can play both centre and left back as Mori is out...

That to me points at someone whose a utility player and, like Mori not a star.

Reactions: dav
Good post. I've always thought you go with the old Cloughie adage, build a strong spine. To that end we needed a goalie, two centre halves and a striker, so far we've got a goalie and one centre half and we've spent £70 million on a couple of midfielders. Now we may get those players in but he's leaving it very late.

That's what Mourinho does as well....

Not to be cliche, but it's a process. It's not about just making it into the top four, it's about staying in the top four.

The club entered the window with only three players under 30 that they could count on going forward. That's almost inconceivable for a club in Everton's position. Now they potentially have eight, not including developing players like DCL.

This window hasn't been great (yet - still time), but the issue hasn't been the commitment shown by Moshiri. The biggest issue was the amount of work that needed to be done.

sure i agree, we should finish above relegation, maintaining premier league status baring a disaster (fingers crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.