Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall a lengthy conversation a few months ago, in one of your Martinez admiration sessions, suggesting that Martinez had plucked Lukaku from the wilderness and moulded him into the greatest talent of this generation. At what point did that narrative change to him becoming an 'established' premier league striker?
I cant remember that. Maybe you can link me to it?

Spurs aren't a peer club.
No but we aspire to be their peer so we must spend as they and others do to attract top quality players.
With every major club having major scouting networks the days of finding a cheap unknown first team ready player are fast receding
Quality has been and always will be worth paying for.
We can only hope that we unearth a few worldies who will stay with us or at least be sold for 100m plus to be reinvested wisely in the squad , as we have done this year

While I rarely agree with Davek's opinion, it's always put across eloquently , passionately and with little aggression. It's always good to have different views and being able to debate them in an intelligent way .
Being able to prove such views as wrong and uninformed is far better than just ignoring them .

That's why I follow this forum and none other . It's not just the usual "kopite" insults for the main part . That and the youth thread which is awesome.

Anyway , I have been racking my brains today as I'm suffering in my bed with man flu on who we can realistically buy as a target man . I'm really struggling to think of someone who can match the teams increasing quality and a decent price. I can only think of Dolberg and he would be expensive and maybe too young .

Agree with this. Davek gets slated by multiple posters daily yet rarely (if ever) resorts to personal attacks... he stays on message regardless of how much of a nob someone is to him.

To be fair I was a little negative a week ago in my postings in this thread and we currently sit plus 50 million spending give or take.

Can't argue with the current situation especially when the sig deal is clearly linked to the Ross deal (which lowers the cost ) but Ross seeks he isn't going anywhere this window
All will be revealed on spending next week.

Yeah, well that just confirms how clueless they were.
In my opinion Lukaku was never a gamble
The 4 goals he scored for WBA after coming on as a sub in Fergusons last game convinced me
Plus we had a year of try before you buy so no real gamble.
He was only going to get better , sadly I don't think he will ever reach the height due to his technical faults , but I will admit we will miss his goals.
But if we get a quality striker who gives us 15 goals ( with Siggy and Rooney assisting this should be attainable ) and 10 each from Rooney and Siggy plus 6/8 from Klassen this should replace the goals our 4 attacking players gave us last year , plus we have more rotation options

I for 1 cant wait!!!
At least two from McCarthy, Niasse and Lennon will leave. That'll fetch between £30M-£40M. A loan deal on a left sided CB and a £20M fee for a CF will be done

=

the £20M net spend I predicted from day one of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.