Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last year loads of you muppets were whinging because we hadn't signed Slimani.

Nothing has happened yet either way, so just wait and see who we end up with.

Are you trying to drum up excitement for this years Valencia?

My money is on a last second move for Ulloa, who literally gets flung through the transfer window as it is slamming shut....contract and all.

There aren't really many good options about. Even Walsh is not a magician. Right now I would take two solid signings (not worldbeaters but not Jiminez level) and a couple of outs like Barkley and McCarthy.

Leicester signed two strikers last year. They signed Musa in case Vardy got injured/tired had a poor run who didn't cut it (except against us in the cup ffs) and they signed Slimani who is a good forward but doesn't suit Leicester's set up at all. Whenever Raniera tried to implement a plan B the team just couldn't be arsed.

If we got Slimani and put crosses in the box from Siggy, Rooney, Baines, Cuco (he whips in a good ball if nothing else) he will score.

I don't think that Leicester could justify asking more than what they paid for Slimani, I think it was approaching £35m, perhaps a little less.

Getting him for under £30m would be decent value IMO.

He has potential to do better than last season and if he got 15 goals then that would look like a very decent outlay and money well spent.

Could we get better? Yes of course. Will we get better? Probably not at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.