Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I think it very much works like that. You think all the players I mentioned earlier signed for City because they heard Longsight's beautiful in the spring? They signed because they were offered shedloads of money, and because they could see City were intent on becoming a major force.

Honestly I didn't know people were still so naïve when it comes to football.

There's one person being naive here and it's not me

Err, yes he does. He actually has about 1,500 of them. Although he's clearly not going to give them all to Everton, as you seem to suggest. Its Bit like you saying you have a house worth £150,000 and you'll sell it and give all the proceeds to the club.

And FFP. This is something you've clearly seen on these pages and have decided you want to be in the FFP club. So you've started throwing it around and getting all confident about it without having the blindest idea what it means or how it works.

There's no shame in not knowing mate - it's cool, not that many get it - but when you go bringing it into discussions and getting it hopelessly wrong it makes you look a bit daft really.

You have absolutely no idea what my knowledge of FFP and STCC is, so shove it with the condescending comments pal. I know enough to say that you can't just spend whatever you want on players without maintaining sustainable profit levels and covering players wages increases from non TV revenues. And yes I do know what those levels are, both domestically and for European competition.

And as regards Moshiri, last I saw he was worth around £1.2b. But the vast majority of that would be tied up in business interests and probably a decent amount in property too. I'm not sure how much he got from liquidating his 15% share in Arsenal but I would suspect that most of that has been used up in his initial investment in Everton and subsequent loan. So I doubt very much he has substantial liquid assets to invest in the squad even if he wanted to.

And where do you get the idea that I'm suggesting he should be putting all of his funds into the club. If you read my other posts in this thread you'll see I'm suggesting the complete opposite.

My post was a criticism of the guy for suggesting that "we have no restrictions" to spend, when clearly we are restricted by our ongoing profit/loss levels and by our non TV revenue income. If I'm wrong please educate me.

There's one person being naive here and it's not me
Seriously?!

Diego costa would have happily buggered off from a title winning team to go to china in January for more money. Brazilian internationals have given up their national team to go out there for the same reason. Adebayor and Tevez moved from title chasing teams to 10th placed city. And you think we couldn't get mata to move to a club 1 place lower in the league if we doubled his wages.

I personally never once thought Moshiri was a 'sugar daddy'. You only had to do a bit of research to find out that, whilst he is indeed very rich, he isn't 'oil rich'. He's no Abramovic, Mansour, or indeed Usmanov.

Sadly a very large portion of our fanbase believe we have man city money. The "we're effin rich" song is cringe. Problem is Moshiri hasn't done much to set the record straight, the whole "we offered €60 million for Koulibaly which is monopoly money" quote from him is a joke when you consider how we are haggling over a few million for Siggurdsson.

I think it was obvious from the start his main interest was the new stadium and the money he'll make off a future sale once we get into that stadium and the Liverpool Waters project possibly kicks off.

He's a big improvement on Kenwright in that he isn't a luvvy and wants to be competing with a good manager, but he's not going to be a sugar daddy that some of our fanbase and the media have been falsely led to believe. Leicester, Newcastle, Stoke, Wolves and WBA all have wealthier owners than us.

I just hope we can hold on to 7th until we move into the new stadium and some crazy Chinese/Russian oligarch see's us as a good investment/play thing and sinks his money into us.

So we just sit around for 3/4 years treading water?

Fantastic

Come on eddy, nobody is overreacting?? There's a lot, maybe not from you in particular.

What's with panic buy fiasco? We've got main targets in, right down the spine of team; and we're after a couple more which happen throughout the window like every other team.

If we go out and bought and additional 6 new players and they don't gel you know people on here would call out Koeman for buying so many, in fact it already as. The squad going into this season is stronger with more depth, yes the snake as left but we have no idea how Sandro and Rooney will operate when fully up to speed with each other.

If we'd sold Lukaku last week and brought nobody in then yes, going into the season the squad would be weaker and I'd be concerned. But the squad is now a squad with genuine options on the bench, no Tom Cleverly, Aiden McGeady scenario.

I think last window Valencia was a panic buy so this would suggest we may do it again, hope not though. I hope Siggurdsen is nearly done
Pickford Keane great buys, I think Sandro is an unknown but prepared to get behind him as every blue should, Rooney I think is a gamble
I hope he can come on with 20 mins to go and change a game. What concerns me is in an interview Lukaku said he would listen to what the club said and then a while after said we are `not an option`, I wonder why not if things are so rosy?
Agree though he is a snake ...... snakekaku in fact !

I think last window Valencia was a panic buy so this would suggest we may do it again, hope not though. I hope Siggurdsen is nearly done
Pickford Keane great buys, I think Sandro is an unknown but prepared to get behind him as every blue should, Rooney I think is a gamble
I hope he can come on with 20 mins to go and change a game. What concerns me is in an interview Lukaku said he would listen to what the club said and then a while after said we are `not an option`, I wonder why not if things are so rosy?
Agree though he is a snake ...... snakekaku in fact !

Valencia was a massive panic buy, and I don't think anyone can say that last summer wasn't a complete sham. It was disastrous, even the management accepted that.

Like you say about Rooney, he can change games and if he comes off the bench the dynamics of the game can swing in our favour and if rather have that than someone like Kone Niasse or Valencia.

The core of the team has massively been strengthened, and not to overlook the people who have been added to the development squad.

Then there's the snake, people will always be concerned because his goals will be a loss, and I'm sure Athletico fans used to feel the same every season when they're top strikers used to depart (Vieri, Torres, Falcao, Augero, Mandzukic, Costa); and Sandro maybe an unknown quantity but he was wanted by a team that was a conveyor belt for world class strikers and is extremely well thought of in Spain.

Kone McGeady Cleverly etc etc have all been canned, the team is slowly being transformed into a really steady unit that is more than capable of delivering trophies; future investment can see us break ground in the top 4

Valencia was a massive panic buy, and I don't think anyone can say that last summer wasn't a complete sham. It was disastrous, even the management accepted that.

Like you say about Rooney, he can change games and if he comes off the bench the dynamics of the game can swing in our favour and if rather have that than someone like Kone Niasse or Valencia.

The core of the team has massively been strengthened, and not to overlook the people who have been added to the development squad.

Then there's the snake, people will always be concerned because his goals will be a loss, and I'm sure Athletico fans used to feel the same every season when they're top strikers used to depart (Vieri, Torres, Falcao, Augero, Mandzukic, Costa); and Sandro maybe an unknown quantity but he was wanted by a team that was a conveyor belt for world class strikers and is extremely well thought of in Spain.

Kone McGeady Cleverly etc etc have all been canned, the team is slowly being transformed into a really steady unit that is more than capable of delivering trophies; future investment can see us break ground in the top 4
D357_FF74_2_AA9_4_BB6_81_BD_542790_C3_D929.jpg

Hardly an improvement.

Yeah, is right. It's not like its been widely reported that he's put over £150,000,000 of his own money into the club.

Yeah, lets forget that since he bought into everton we've spent near enough £190,000,000 on players and 20,000,000 on staff. With how ever much spent on the under 23's.

But what has he done for us? Apart from bring people in who actually know hiw to run a business. Apart from bring in sponsorship after sponsorship and drastically increase our revenue. Apart from getting us a new stadium in a prime location that'll put the other lot to shame...

Oh, yeah and apart from have to bottle to get rid of that Spanish fraud no matter what it cost (and it cost 12,000,000 btw) and get us a good manager who's actually good. Who stopped everton being a joke. That gave our club some self respect back.

For the first time in a long time everton feel like they can do some damage to this leauge or Europe. Like we're actually building to something and that down to Moshiri.

But apart from that! What has he done for us?! Bloody romans

He's put 150m in? Where?

Also his 190m of player purchases, how much was offset by player sales and commercial income?

There is no stadium just a site and an idea. Which by the way is being funded by the council not him

Completely wrong

He's put 150m in? Where?

Also his 190m of player purchases, how much was offset by player sales and commercial income?

There is no stadium just a site and an idea. Which by the way is being funded by the council not him

Completely wrong
You are completely wrong saying it is being funded by the council