Match Thread Everton v Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good test on the fitness this, Sevilla so much more comfortable on the ball.

Morgs has looked awful at times misplacing simple passes, Klaassen needs to show anything the game just passes him by and when he gets involved there is no end product.

DCL needs to make it stick more but can't really fault the lad so far barely had a decent bit of service in to him all game.

Do like how we are set up though with Sandro playing as a wide forward, always felt this is the way we should be going in to the season if we bring in another attacker just need to get the front 3 in the game more when possible.

Pickford looks good so far can tell the lad is just naturally confident which a GK needs, Keane been excellent aswell.

Good touches from Klaasen but he needs to get involved more. Can tell he is a clever player but he is constantly crowded out of his area by his own teamates.

Pickford and Keane have been class, Sandro, 1 chance 1 goal, sorted.

DLC working hard with nobody bothering to get within 20 yards of him to mount a high press.

Schneiderlin annoying me, playing obvious balls in to marked players, CBs exposed 2 or 3 times right through the middle.

Rooney actually looks better today than he has all pre-season, still doesn't look any good.

Davies having to cover way too much ground because of.... Klaassen, sorry mate, would prefer Naismith based on what I've seen so far.

We don't look like a team.

Positives - Pickford (particularly his kicking), Keane, good finish from Sandro

Negatives - completely outclassed by Banega, Klassen already looks like a dud. He is slow, weak and looks limited technically. Schneids is playing poorly, we don't have a striker that can hold the ball up, we have to sit deep but we have no pace on the break.

I think we still need 4 first team players

Status
Not open for further replies.