Everton Draw Hajduk Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 2017

At the match Hajduk - Rijeka, group of Hajduk supporters Torcida on the north stand burned on several occasions large number of pyrotechnic devices, accompanied by chants of hate, discrimination, racism and chauvinism, brought banners with xenophobic and offensive content. The match has been interrupted twice (...). Since this is a frequent violation of Article 67 and 88 of the Disciplinary Rules on championship matches played at the City Stadium Poljud, Hajduk was punished by playing the next two home games behind closed doors and fined in the amount of 80 000 HRK.

"Banter" tho lads

Greetings Evertonians. I was hoping to read more about football side of the tie than touristic but will try to answer as much as I can while posting a few questions myself.

Any casual Everton fan going in the city on the match day (or day before) in Everton shirt should be in a company of some local people or have some kind of visible Hajduk insignia. Otherwise, you are a legit target for Torcida. Especially if you are loud and drinking in bars. In this case you come along as someone looking for a fight.

Being black shouldn't be a problem if you don't go around with Everton flags.
Being black, gay, with everton shirt and having a serbian boyfriend is really a bad combination. Celebrating a victory after the match in these circumstances might really have a harmful effect.

In short, don't go around with your colours, don't show you are gay. All of the above applies in worst case scenario but it doesn't mean you won't have the best time of your life there. The city is beautiful, the atmosphere in the stadium is great, food is good and beer is cheap if you do what locals do (go to a shop and sit on wall and drink it there instead of some ripoff bar.

I don't like it is that way but I would hate it if anything happened to you there just because you wear wrong colour.

Now, onto football. Hajduk is defensively strong outfit. Don't think you will have walk in the park on Goodison. They will scout you good and knwo what you are capable. They will be very defensive in the first match and look to exploit any foolishness. Hajduk isn't naive squad and any overconfidenece will be punished. Look out for numbers 50 and 8.

I'd like to know how important is this Europa League for Everton? Do you even plan to play with the best eleven? Do you even care for this cup?
:Blink:

Sounds lovely.

Enjoy the trip lads.

It amuses you that one of your fans has replied to me with a swastika after saying I mentioned my ethnic origin?

OK then.
Amusement is a strong word. I've already called that "fan" a dikhead.

Oh I didnt catch the last part. Sorry mate

Hahaha I like how it's me being a bit over sensitive and just local sense of humour. No lads, it's not funny to send me something like that, it's just not acceptable.

In trying to calm my fears about visiting all you've done is actually confirm what I suspected. Passing off stuff like that map as a joke does your country no favours you horrible bigoted fools.

that was exactly what they wanted you to feel. We are good at trolling.
but seriously, if you aren't looking for fight and just want to see the game, blend with tourists, don't wear your colours and enjoy the place.

Greetings Evertonians. I was hoping to read more about football side of the tie than touristic but will try to answer as much as I can while posting a few questions myself.

Any casual Everton fan going in the city on the match day (or day before) in Everton shirt should be in a company of some local people or have some kind of visible Hajduk insignia. Otherwise, you are a legit target for Torcida. Especially if you are loud and drinking in bars. In this case you come along as someone looking for a fight.

Being black, gay, with everton shirt and having a serbian boyfriend is really a bad combination. Celebrating a victory after the match in these circumstances might really have a harmful effect.

In short, don't go around with your colours, don't show you are gay. All of the above applies in worst case scenario but it doesn't mean you won't have the best time of your life there. The city is beautiful, the atmosphere in the stadium is great, food is good and beer is cheap if you do what locals do (go to a shop and sit on wall and drink it there instead of some ripoff bar.

I don't like it is that way but I would hate it if anything happened to you there just because you wear wrong colour.

Now, onto football. Hajduk is defensively strong outfit. Don't think you will have walk in the park on Goodison. They will scout you good and knwo what you are capable. They will be very defensive in the first match and look to exploit any foolishness. Hajduk isn't naive squad and any overconfidenece will be punished. Look out for numbers 50 and 8.

I'd like to know how important is this Europa League for Everton? Do you even plan to play with the best eleven? Do you even care for this cup?

Europa important? Very.
Best Eleven? Yes, The Wayne Rooney plays.
Do we care for Europa? Yes but Brexit means Brexit and we will be exiting this competition.

All very unsavoury this. I chose not to go to the next World Cup because of prejudice. Being in a mixed race relationship I won't subject my partner to horrible racist abuse. For the same reason I won't be after a ticket for this one.

I was in Belgrade and told the cab driver I had a Croatian ex-girlfriend from Pula- he offered to have her killed!! Yeah the Balkans are beautiful & brilliant, but weird at the same time; and backward when it come to homosexuality and also for saying that anyone is a legit target for football violence!. Everton don't have 'firms' anymore when it comes to football violence, we genuinely want to drink and involve the locals in the fun. If the split fans want to target middle aged men and young lads/families- it's really sad.

Everton don't have 'firms' anymore when it comes to football violence, we genuinely want to drink and involve the locals in the fun. If the split fans want to target middle aged men and young lads/families- it's really sad.
I am all for that mate, just that most of the people in the city are a bunch of right wing bigots. and no, they won't attack families with children that are obviously casual fans. Only hooligans.

Status
Not open for further replies.