Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if Walsh did his job properly he could find a gem for a fifth of that price who may be more of a risk but would allow us to save money

Make your mind you absolute crying arse

So koemans said he wants one or two more

Really? We need a striker, left back and a right back.. even a centre back

And a replacement for Ross?which looks like Sigurdsson. Martina is the other player so once again looks like we will be short in positions and a minus net spend. Statement of intent? Huddersfield have spent more haha

Koemans said one or two players..

So is he lying!?

Ross looks like he's going.

So it's looking like a minus net spend. Argue otherwise?

Not really a statement of intent just spending money made from player sales

I thought moshiri was going to spend big?

if we weren't planning to sell Rom, believe me, we'd never have spent as much as we have.

The club will never move forward until it invests. Spending money generated from player sales isn't good enough

Now that it's dawning on the deluded ones that we are unlikely to be highly positive in net spend "it doesn't matter about net spend"

Brilliant

The evidence is in the figures. Check net spend

It is a sign we only have money available from any player sales

Come September 1st I'm more or less certain our net spend will be max 20m positive. Even Huddersfield are out spending us. We have a rich owner but he isn't willing to throw money in

Is that why every footballer goes on a sulk and more or less refuses to see out their contract when an offer of an even bigger pay check comes in from another club?

Not every footballer mate.

Lukaku wanted out last summer but scored 20-odd goals for us anyway.

In windows gone by he would be a £30 million player who along with 1-2 others to compliment a big £50 million player coming in.

Shocking how much Swansea have tucked us up for.

This isn't a "window gone by" though, this is the current window which is sloshing with TV money. Prices have gone nuts and Swansea are holding out for what they value their player at. Nowt wrong with that.

434 pages of fans shooting off about how much they think Siggy is worth. Lots of heat and not a great deal of light. And we've not even bought the guy yet ...

Not too bothered by the fee now. The club just need to get him in.

Exactly this. The chase for him has gone on a while now and I would rather get another player in before Ross goes to keep the momentum and buzz going.

If this saga is going on and Barkley leaves the media will try and spin their stories about us. (n)

I also agree that transfers these days are absolutely ridiculous. Values have increased x3 and sometimes 4 fold within a matter of years and eventually it will become unsustainable.

However forgetting all of that, I still don't believe he is worth anything like 45/50m. I'm sure if Walsh did his job properly he could find a gem for a fifth of that price who may be more of a risk but would allow us to save money and invest it throughout rather than throwing all our eggs in one basket

Off the top of my head we've signed 4 'gems' for single digit millions this summer.

Not every signing has to be a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.