Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing devil's advocate here. But Funes Mori is long term injured, so if Connoly goes to Swansea and Baines pulls a hamstring or just twists an ankle, who covets at left back?
I believe Cuco can play both RB and LB. He definitely has many strings to his bow.

He's only 19 so how can we say yet? I just don't like the idea of having to lose a good young local lad that can play the positions we're short in on top of already paying an exorbitant amount of money for a player I'm not even arsed about. Just seems unnecessary.

...£5m seems reasonable, especially if we have first dabs on him and/or a sell on clause. I agree with @MorgsGoat that the rumour is almost too vague to make up. If true, what would be interesting is whether Swansea or Everton suggested bringing Connolly into the mix. Personally, I have no problem with it as it seems good business for all concerned.

...£5m seems reasonable, especially if we have first dabs on him and/or a sell on clause. I agree with @MorgsGoat that the rumour is almost too vague to make up. If true, what would be interesting is whether Swansea or Everton suggested bringing Connolly into the mix. Personally, I have no problem with it as it seems good business for all concerned.
It will be a shame if Connolly goes imo. Would like to see all the youngsters 'grow' together, if they stick together it will bode well for the future.

Koeman likes getting in gash full backs not up to the job as cover so expect a move for someone like Stephen ward in the next month

Lol the type of signing that would sign by the previous manager not Koeman. Remember Elmohamady was joining.

I hope you would be happy with the signing of Siguardsson.

Just playing devil's advocate here. But Funes Mori is long term injured, so if Connoly goes to Swansea and Baines pulls a hamstring or just twists an ankle, who covets at left back?

..others watch more of the U23s than me but Antonee Robinson looks a classy and orthodox LB at that level. He's had his fair share of injuries but I think he's recently signed a new contract. It's a leap of faith but perhaps the club feel he's next cab on the rank.

It will be a shame if Connolly goes imo. Would like to see all the youngsters 'grow' together, if they stick together it will bode well for the future.

..the reality is that they are on a conveyor belt, new age group stepping up and acquisitions coming in each season. Unfortunately decisions have to be made to move some on, for their benefit as much as the clubs. £5m valuation for a relatively untried youngster seems decent. I'm not sure what the Reds paid for Solanke.

Last edited:
No, I mentioned him a few hours ago, you must have nodded off after those pints lol .
I'll check but memory recalls The Moon's a Balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.