Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why my position is and always has been we keep our top players and build on them.

What we see so far is a complete scorched earth policy from Moshiri/Koeman in terms of sell to buy. It looks dangerously out of whack to me for the reason you highlight there in bold.

But our top player didn't want to be here.

It remains to be seen whether Ross does or not.

If he does, great. If not, fine - good riddance - these 'top' players haven't brought us any success.

A kopite would be banned for being a WUM.

Dave, isn't a kopite. Whether he's a WUM is another matter...

May I ask a question?

This seems to suggest being a WUM is ok/acceptable?

Is that how I read it or am I missing the point?

For me there is having a different view, and then being a WUM.

Which is why my position is and always has been we keep our top players and build on them.

What we see so far is a complete scorched earth policy from Moshiri/Koeman in terms of sell to buy. It looks dangerously out of whack to me for the reason you highlight there in bold.
I agree and that is the way forward. But what can you do when lukaku turns down 140k a week contract and Barkley refuses to sign his? It's not like we haven't tried to retain our best players.

In what way shape or form is this a 'new' business model?

All the corporate approaches, deals, planning for the future, buying players for the U23s, actual movement and plans on the stadium while still retaining other more 'Everton' initiatives such as EITC, perhaps if we used the model you propose we'd have to lose of that.
All the changes haven't altered our standing in the football world.

It would only ever be half-empty
tumblr_orak7yFcTA1re6c9lo1_500.gif

Hmmm
Wouldn't go that far.
We are a top 7 club and a club, whilst only just in front of us based on last season's finish, that is arguably the biggest in the world came in for a chap (our best player nonetheless) who didn't want to be "looking to break into the top 4" as their main aspiration. It was unavoidable imo.
Last year, Pep Guardiola - who i personally believe is in the top 3 managers of all time - came in for John Stones with the promise i'm sure to turn him into the next Pique.
Some context is important my mate.

But our top player didn't want to be here.

It remains to be seen whether Ross does or not.

If he does, great. If not, fine - good riddance - these 'top' players haven't brought us any success.
It's clear that Ross doesn't want to be here. If he did he would've signed his contract.

I have a big problem with it: data tells you that only those who retain their best players and buy better to add to them get anything out of this league, Leicester notwithstanding.

We've heard this bollocks for years about wise spending and building the squad that way. It's just another line spun by owners who cant take us to the next level.

Remember your own team selling Rooney and getting Champions league the year after Dave ? Also remember buying Neville, Beattie and co for our CL campaign with the proceeds. That went well didn't it, this year we are still selling our better players, Lukaku and maybe Barkley, but like Rooney they DONT WANT to be here. Like Suarez, Ronaldo all most impossible to keep hold of unhappy players. But the difference is we are spending a lot of money on replacements and still buying. And we spent the bulk of that money before Lukaku was sold, when did we ever do that with Kenwright in charge.
Obviously flogging a dead horse here like.

bit harsh! I didn't actually ask for him to be banned. I asked the question how is him unfoundedly slating the owner of the club in any way constructive, but if that is the line from the top then so be it. I won't question it any further.

No mate, what is harsh is having like you and @Mercedes questioning the integrity of volunteers who run this site;

OK, he brings traffic to your site, I get it.

Yep unfortunately that's all that matters.

To allege we aren't consistent/allow some members free rein because they "bring traffic to your site" is a piss take.

I currently have a £217 fee to pay next week to keep GrandOldTeam online after ad revenue/subscriptions, that's my contribution this month to allow you to post here. You're welcome.

FWIW, I would think a wind-up merchant deliberately takes an opposing and ridiculous view against anything the club or supporters hold dear, simply for effect.

Whilst I have Davek on ignore (because I do find the same argument to be a tedious affair) he is only trying to offer an alternative view. The fact that it is oft repeated (some may say ad nausea) does not make it a wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.