Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Pickford and Keane were brilliant signings. Were also fortunate to have Connolly, Kenny and Holgate there as options...

But with Coleman out and Martina signed + Jagielka past it and Williams and Baines closely following him we look a slice of bread short of a sandwich.

I get where your coming from but I think we'll be OK for now until January, the summer atleast. I'd like us to go for another CB but I don't think Koeman thinks we need it. He may want someone whose a bit of a utility player but I don't think he's looking for a CB that's gonna just walk straight in the team.

Thinking about it tbh, does seem like we are sell to buy. Hear me out here, Lukaku deal must've been sorted ages ago which is why we got these deals in early. Rooney will be Lukaku's replacement and Giroud looks like this year's Witsel - we won't sign another CF, worryingly.

Spending has suddenly just dried up following the Lukaku departure - if money really was no object we would've sorted the Gylfi deal much earlier as well as a new LB. I reckon we're trying to find buyers for Barkley etc. before progressing with those. Hope I'm wrong but that seems the way it is atm. Very fishy.

Yup that's why the vvd rumours are nothing short of that.

I agree mate. I'd love van Dijk and I'm sure Koeman would but he obviously thought Keane was better value for money. Who knows what might happen in the future IF he stayed at Southampton, which looks unlikely, but if he did and we have a cracking season we may have a chance to get him next summer?!

This summer was about spreading our spend out and bringing in a good number of quality players to make us stronger but come next summer we won't be going as mad and just signing like 2 or 3 players to fully fill out the team with quality so we would be able to spend larger amounts on a single player.

Naa I think Baines is good for one more season. Do agree our options at FB currently aren't great and I'd like to see atleast a LB come in but maybe we're gonna wait a season and sign someone to fully take over from Baines? I'd be happy to go with Baines this season if it meant we were planning at looking to bring someone like Bertrand in for example.

With the likes of Kenny, Martina & Holgate I think those 3 between em can do a job until Coleman is fit.

Just don't rate Baines mate anymore, hasn't pace, doesn't get forward anymore because of it and is poor at stopping crosses into the box.

I think the whole "Can do a job" mentality is what will keep us sat in 7th next season at best, as we really need to pull out all the stops to go any higher.

I wouldn't mind Baines starting if we signed a Van Dijk for example to slot into CB, but Williams and Baines on that left hand side give us zero pace or mobility.

Thinking about it tbh, does seem like we are sell to buy. Hear me out here, Lukaku deal must've been sorted ages ago which is why we got these deals in early. Rooney will be Lukaku's replacement and Giroud looks like this year's Witsel - we won't sign another CF, worryingly.

Spending has suddenly just dried up following the Lukaku departure - if money really was no object we would've sorted the Gylfi deal much earlier as well as a new LB. I reckon we're trying to find buyers for Barkley etc. before progressing with those. Hope I'm wrong but that seems the way it is atm. Very fishy.

Nah.

Lol The reason these deals are taking longer is because they are more difficult targets. For example Sig is Swanseas most important player and it I'd clear they don't want to sell.

Also you have absolutely no clue what our finances are like anyway so your making a big assumption.

I see where your coming from but the difference in trying to sign the likes of Sigurdsson & Giroud is that their clubs aren't willing to sell, and especially not on the cheap, as they want to keep them so negotiations won't go so smoothly and will get drawn out but we will be trying to make more signings.

The other players were easy to sign due to the fact they were either relegated with their clubs, in the final year of their deals and had agreements to leave, release clauses etc, so deals for Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Rooney and Sandro were easy to do. Big money deals for the likes of Sigurdsson & Giroud won't be so plain sailing and that's why there as been an impasse on the transfer front for us.

imo we still need a centre half, a left sided defender, a number 10 and a striker. is that asking too much?? ;) we still haven't had that 'statement of intent' signing or do people think rooney was 'that' signing?
In my lifetime, I've never seen Everton mentioned so much in the media, since we last won the league. The 'statement of intent' of the club is there for all to see, the media are speaking positively about us, instead of the top 6, the top 7 is being referred to. Our transfer business is being applauded and recognised by non kopites in the media. I agree with you mate about the positions we need to strengthen in though. Gibson, siguardsson and giroud would put the icing on the cake with regard to our business.

Status
Not open for further replies.