Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Bolasie is one of the worst wide players ive ever seen play for us.

You have Kilbane and Pembridge who were 'workmanlike' say 6/10 players....

This fella gets the ball, rolls his foot over it...runs forward and blasts it towards the penalty area head down.

Its like he doesn't think what to do...just wants to get his head down and run and whack the ball in the box at random.

Watching him and then seeing Lookman at the World cup (a supposedly similar player) the difference in decision making was silly.

Seems like a nice chap and I hope he gets over his injury but I don't see anyone offering half what we paid for him even in this market.
I quite like him mate and think he'll be a big asset in certain away games when we're under the cosh. He gives us a great outlet plus has pace (well hopefully he still will).

We're building a squad with options mate and I don't think you'll see a regular starting format, certainly from an attacking perspective.

Initially I thought sandro and lookman for that left position but then were linked to Sigurdsson and Giroud...

Sigurdsson and Lookman seems like overkill on the left if Barkley leaves the right looks meh

yea I think so too unless he plans on moving Rooney to the right as well as Mirallas though both are probably better on the left...probably a lot of mid game shuffling/swapping...

lol where have I said they're 'little gems'

I'm simply saying that if @Hogwild feels by spending 100mil we have a chance to push top 4 and win the Europa...well we could get top 4 with those players :)

Seeing as Sigurdsson is 40-50mil I don't think he moves us much closer to top 4 compared to any of the players i've listed.

VVD -- Partnership with Keane
Sessegnon -- Ideal rotation and replacement for Baines
Dendoncker -- Ideal rotation for Schneiderlin and can also play box-to box
Dembele -- Goalscorer with pace who could play up front or on the right
Dollberg -- Focal point of our attack
I might have been on a sugar high......

Still, I like all the players mentioned. Agree to disagree w @MorgsGoat on BMI v RFM (though either way we maintain our quotient of players with three names - so there is that).

As to your latest list those are all very good players, or at least they should be. With the exception of VVD none have proven it in yet. Not saying I don't think they will, but at this point and time we need to get some sure things in. Gylfi and Giroud in particular are to me what we need. Like Morgan - they may not be game in, game out starters for the current teams ahead of us, but they are largely a class above what we generally have. Put enough of the right kind of those players together and we are on to something. Then we can blend in some youth with real potential (like we seem to be doing with players like Sandro, Lookman and Onyekuru).

Mainly just saying there is far more to be optimistic than pessimistic about right now.

I quite like him mate and think he'll be a big asset in certain away games when we're under the cosh. He gives us a great outlet plus has pace (well hopefully he still will).

We're building a squad with options mate and I don't think you'll see a regular starting format, certainly from an attacking perspective.

13 games. At a new club, under a new manager.

Its nowhere near enough time to judge.

To be fair, he didn't tear up trees at palace either...seems like a showboater signing to me....still.

The chances of us being able to fix EVERY single position this summer, both in terms of getting a quality starting 11 in every spot, AND having quality depth in every single position is hoping for the near impossible mate.

IF Giroud and Sigurddson arrive and we get in another cb - even at the calibre of say Gibson or Lemos, then we will have done massively better than i thought possible.

Very loosely i'd say

RB -- Coleman/Kenny
RCB -- Keane/Holgate
RCM -- Klaassen/Davies

Currently happy with those 3 positions. Sigurdsson/Lookman would be a 4th....better than Stek as backup and that's half a squad.

Big improvements from last season.

Keita Balde - Lazio will accept £30m. Similar contract situation to Ross.

Plays in the position we need to fill.

I know we were linked and allegedly knocked back but I'd love us to get him.
He is going to Inter Milan, don't believe these West Ham stories. They may have bid but 100% he doesn't go to them. We've also already been turned down by him because he wants to stay in Italy.

To be fair, he didn't tear up trees at palace either...seems like a showboater signing to me....still.

It doesnt really matter what he did at Palace though.

One of the new managers first signings. Now the manager is able to mould his own side, I dont think its fair to judge him at all until we see him in Koeman's side with Koeman players (if that happens, I'm not convinced he will ever get back to full fitness personally).

Judging a player based on a handful of games in a team transitioning between two polar opposite managers before his leg fell off is a bit daft.

The chances of us being able to fix EVERY single position this summer, both in terms of getting a quality starting 11 in every spot, AND having
quality depth in every single position is hoping for the near impossible mate.

IF Giroud and Sigurddson arrive and we get in another cb - even at the calibre of say Gibson or Lemos, then we will have done massively better than i thought possible.

It would be, quite possibly already is, our best ever window.

I'd rest easy with Giroud. Anything more is cherries.

Status
Not open for further replies.