"Jaw dropping news"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And have you listened to the discussion ?
I confess, no.

I will do, but if the premise is that net spend is not an indicator of ambition then I'm going to strongly disagree.

It's Evertonians responding in a tribal way to outside talk that the spending is on the strength of sales.

I dont go to bat for the owners of shares in this club. I try and stand back and look at the situation as it actually exists and call it from there.

Anyone arguing that we've seen fundamental change are clutching at straws...that's where we stand currently.

Exception that proves the rule...and you know it.

There is the premature relegation with big spending title winners Leeds Blackburn, also teams that gambled Villa Newcastle. Personally would not swap their successes or net spending for where we are now. You can't just buy a team and win titles and and compete in champion league. Clubs now have to be ready to maximise every financial opportunity and this takes time on the business side of football, or you end up like the teams above. More than happy with our progress, we now have squad that will compete for the first time in 30 years.

There is the premature relegation with big spending title winners Leeds Blackburn, also teams that gambled Villa Newcastle. Personally would not swap their successes or net spending for where we are now. You can't just buy a team and win titles and and compete in champion league. Clubs now have to be ready to maximise every financial opportunity and this takes time on the business side of football, or you end up like the teams above. More than happy with our progress, we now have squad that will compete for the first time in 30 years.
...and we've seen zero happen on that front apart from some confusing 'deal' over a training ground sponsorship....which small beer anyway.

We need a massive injection of cash. When he arrived most were saying that Moshiri had so many contacts in the corporate world that this would be an area we'd be ok with.

...and we've seen zero happen on that front apart from some confusing 'deal' over a training ground sponsorship....which small beer anyway.

We need a massive injection of cash. When he arrived most were saying that Moshiri had so many contacts in the corporate world that this would be an area we'd be ok with.

We have squad for the first time in decades. Football Clubs are a business and businesses need to grow and develop their market brand ( fan base), over time (several seasons). Indeed let's look at Leicester, the exception almost got them relegated, not because they fluked it, because they could not attract the stock of player required to maintain the level they had reached, their brand was simply not well known enough.

Was he worth £90M then?

It's not that long ago so at least £60m?

Are you not happy with Moshiri, because you thought he'd spend a big chunk of his billions?

Do you think we have not improved in any area but, are simply using sales and the extra tv revenue? If so, why did BK sell the shares?

(Not being funny, just curious)

It's not that long ago so at least £60m?

Are you not happy with Moshiri, because you thought he'd spend a big chunk of his billions?

Do you think we have not improved in any area but, are simply using sales and the extra tv revenue? If so, why did BK sell the shares?

(Not being funny, just curious)
I'm not happy because I watched on last summer and witnessed a massive series of fibs being trotted out to explain away a paltry net spend; and this summer all we'll get is the same.

Dont take your eye off the ball mate. Look at EXACTLY how much this character is spending on this club. Currently it is sweet f.a - despite the propaganda from his media helpers.

I'm not happy because I watched on last summer and witnessed a massive series of fibs being trotted out to explain away a paltry net spend; and this summer all we'll get is the same.

Dont take your eye off the ball mate. Look at EXACTLY how much this character is spending on this club. Currently it is sweet f.a - despite the propaganda from his media helpers.

I agree with some of your sentiments but, don't think a number of the things that are progressing e.g. stadium, would be happening unless he came on board.
The proof will be in the pudding and that's still being made, so we'll have to wait and see.
The net spend argument can be a bit of a red herring, as a number of factors affect that. We could just pay £50m for Sig and that would increase the net spend but, there are better and cheaper players our there so..?

...then we sell McCarthy and Barkley and Niasse to cover it.
You actually expect people to give us money for Naisse
Kone was a better player ( and that's saying something ) and no one would give us a red cent for him.
It's Bobbys signings with the exception of Rom that has us where we are now

I think it's embarrassing having a no mark like Jim White so close to the club.
A 'no mark' who's one of the poster boys of Sky Sports and talksport - both extremely well known & popular media outlets when it comes to football.

Him harking on about Everton so much through these avenues (and including social media) can only be a good thing and it's deffo Moshiri flexing his corporate acumen in order to divert more eyeballs towards the club. I really don't get why people don't like it..

Status
Not open for further replies.