Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that like it's a big part of our budget, that's buttons to us now lol paying £8m for someone and then giving him away for a year, love the new Everton throwing money around like it's going out of fashion.
Daft money is daft money wherever it comes from...and where it comes from is the Lukaku sale being shuffled forward.

We can ill afford to be spending scarce resources on an unproven kid and then not even playing him.

WTF is going on down at that club when clueless decisions like this are being made?

I cant remember Everton throwing £8M at the signing though.
Maybe. Loaning him out and paying £8m for the privilege looks mad. And I have no faith in this feller's judgement on attacking players. £27M for Bolasie underlines why. And that hasn't been a one off.

We are going to lose Lukaku - our best signing for a couple of generations - and the attack assembled so far to make that gap up looks pathetically weak. Bolaise, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin. I cant even see a player in there tbh. Not at this stage.

It's frightening.
Have a day off ey. It's boring

Maybe. Loaning him out and paying £8m for the privilege looks mad. And I have no faith in this feller's judgement on attacking players. £27M for Bolasie underlines why. And that hasn't been a one off.

We are going to lose Lukaku - our best signing for a couple of generations - and the attack assembled so far to make that gap up looks pathetically weak. Bolaise, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin. I cant even see a player in there tbh. Not at this stage.

It's frightening.

You make out Bolasie is awful, yet he was actually doing good. He's twice the player Del is and I'm actually excited for his return.

When Koeman joined, due to the former cockface in charge, he inherited 1 very good striker and a complete load of gash.

He signed 1 player, Bolasie, who up until his injury was doing OK (but would naturally need a little time to settle into his new environment), Valencia on loan, which was more of a last minute deal due to other targets falling through and DCL and Lookman who were pretty much bought as players for the future. But, being the outstanding manager which he is, he threw the kids in and still managed to secure european football in his first season.

So, 12 months on, now it is time to move the garbage out left by clown shoes and get some quality in. Sandro looks a pretty decent start and I eagerly look forward to see who else he brings in and to see how DCL and Lookman progress under a manger who will give them a chance.

It's frightening.
Add Sandro to that and when/if Lukaku goes then expect that money to be used immediately on a Dembele/Gylfi double swoop, I think we will be in good shape come the first game of the season.

Add Sandro to that and when/if Lukaku goes then expect that money to used immediately on a Dembele/Gylfi double swoop, I think we will be in good shape come the first game of the season.

Sandro, Dembele, DCL, Lookman, Bolasie and Mirallas.

I would be happy with those forward choices going into the season.

Throw Gylfi and Klaassen in as attacking midfielders and it looks a lot better, though I don't think we will get Gylfi.

Add Sandro to that and when/if Lukaku goes then expect that money to be used immediately on a Dembele/Gylfi double swoop, I think we will be in good shape come the first game of the season.

Agreed! and a good few quality youth players coming through...it'll be a good season I reckon

Reactions: JLW
Sandro, Dembele, DCL, Lookman, Bolasie and Mirallas.

I would be happy with those forward choices going into the season.

Throw Gylfi and Klaassen in as attacking midfielders and it looks a lot better, though I don't think we will get Gylfi.
They will more than cover Roms goals along with more fight and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.