Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What this video about? I missed this.
Go a couple of pages back and watch Southampton's kit release video, it's a cartoon super hero video where the players are all the good guys and the villain looks exactly like Koeman! It's already incredibly cheesy without the fact that they're basically still crying over their ex!

Am concerned about our new goalie, he makes mistakes, more than he should, Remember Simonsen(What a buy he was).
Walsh and Ronko bought Stekelenberg, it does make you wonder. They also bought Bolasie, I saw him have a really good
game and saw him have a lot of poor games, this at £28M. Now they buy Davy Klaassen as an infil for Ross, but we put a
price on Ross head of £50M, thats £25M more than Klaassen, which proves that they know Ross is twice as good as Davy.
If we do buy Sandro from Malaga for £5.2M, does this mean we can expect Sandro to be not quite half as good as Niasse.
Other than the 'Schnide' who will be our only true class player, we are in for a poor season
I am pretty certain that more often than not price has nothing to do with wuality or ability to make an impact at a club? Compare Pogba at Man U with Coleman here? I am also pretty certain that what we paid for Klassen is the equivalent of what we want for Ross here? (equivalent in terms of the relevant market, not in terms of currency exchange).

Am concerned about our new goalie, he makes mistakes, more than he should, Remember Simonsen(What a buy he was).
Walsh and Ronko bought Stekelenberg, it does make you wonder. They also bought Bolasie, I saw him have a really good
game and saw him have a lot of poor games, this at £28M. Now they buy Davy Klaassen as an infil for Ross, but we put a
price on Ross head of £50M, thats £25M more than Klaassen, which proves that they know Ross is twice as good as Davy.
If we do buy Sandro from Malaga for £5.2M, does this mean we can expect Sandro to be not quite half as good as Niasse.
Other than the 'Schnide' who will be our only true class player, we are in for a poor season

You've made a pigs ear out of that attempt to basically say you aren't sure of the management teams judgement on players.

Which is fine. Jury is still out on any new management team this early in. I forgot that a bit after our last managers first season, but never again. It'll take a super signing of some attacking genius for me to even begin to try to forget that we bought Bolasie and also paid 942 million pounds for him.

There were strong rumours that he was in line for the Everton job last season, before the Merseysiders chose his Dutch counterpart Ronald Koeman from Southampton instead.

De Boer said: "I was quite close to getting the Everton job.

"First Ronald Koeman didn't want to go, then he did. Maybe I was a second pick for Everton? He's doing well right now and I wish him all the best.

"They chose Ronald Koeman, maybe for experience at that moment."

There were strong rumours that he was in line for the Everton job last season, before the Merseysiders chose his Dutch counterpart Ronald Koeman from Southampton instead.

"First Ronald Koeman didn't want to go, then he did. Maybe I was a second pick for Everton? He's doing well right now and I wish him all the best.

Fuel for @davek

Ronko will be out of the club after next season

We need a better manager Goat. I hope you will have one scouted in time for Big Ron's departure in a season or two

We need a better manager Goat. I hope you will have one scouted in time for Big Ron's departure in a season or two
None of the present managers seem to last long,DM was an exception and did well (not if u saw the 60's and 80's sides mind u)Roberto got us believing for a season with some great football but couldn't organize a defence to save his life,why he kept faith in Howard is still a mystery when quite clearly he was finished.RK did really well 1st season back in Europe etc sound.Not his fault our Belgian superstar wants away or our Ross, god only knows what he's doing but for all the flak Jags,Williams,Mori are getting on here he did a great job defensively which helped us win more matches,All this he's (RK)going to go in 3 years or 2 is complete conjecture if he goes he'll have done a brilliant job or he will have been sacked.He's made a good start.

None of the present managers seem to last long,DM was an exception and did well (not if u saw the 60's and 80's sides mind u)Roberto got us believing for a season with some great football but couldn't organize a defence to save his life,why he kept faith in Howard is still a mystery when quite clearly he was finished.RK did really well 1st season back in Europe etc sound.Not his fault our Belgian superstar wants away or our Ross, god only knows what he's doing but for all the flak Jags,Williams,Mori are getting on here he did a great job defensively which helped us win more matches,All this he's (RK)going to go in 3 years or 2 is complete conjecture if he goes he'll have done a brilliant job or he will have been sacked.He's made a good start.

True that the days of managers diong what Wenger and Moyes have done I think have come to an end, 3 or 4 years, too much money around now to stick with a manager who isnt cutting it. Moyes for me stayed 5 years too long but at the time we couldnt afford to sack him and there was never really any kind of a call for that from the fans or the board anyway.
Martinez on the other hand I dread to think we we would be now under him, that 10m we had to waste binning him off could turnout to be the best money Moshiri will ever spend.

As for Ronald he will leave in a few years time and the way it is looking we will be in a better shape then we have been for a long long time and a lot of that credit will go to him

saves this for vaulting later...not quite sure if it's worthy of a 'Threadmark' - even if I knew how to do one...but it's not far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.