Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he's fourth choice behind Gueye, Schneiderlin and Klaassen he'll still get plenty of game time in the cup competitions and you'd assume at least one midfielder will be injured for significant parts of the season. Not worried for his development at all.

[QUOTE = "MorgsGoat, post: 5540785, member: 3358"] Os U21s começaram na semana passada companheiro. [/ QUOTE]
Sorry, I mean Euro U19 where he was captain of the team in the qualifiers.

[QUOTE = "MorgsGoat, post: 5540785, member: 3358"] Os U21s começaram na semana passada companheiro. [/ QUOTE]
Sorry, I mean Euro U19 where he was captain of the team in the qualifiers.

England agreed to rest him this summer

Even if he's fourth choice behind Gueye, Schneiderlin and Klaassen he'll still get plenty of game time in the cup competitions and you'd assume at least one midfielder will be injured for significant parts of the season. Not worried for his development at all.
The competition and breathers will help him if anything, a few big games last season it was clear we needed other options, mainly because sneids got an untimely injury, and everyone functions better when he's there

he will be more rotation this season which is what he should of been this season he fizzled out a bit near the end, he will get his chance to prove he should be main man i think. koeman definitely likes him

I keep seeing people do starting line ups for next season without Tom Davies in.

Are you people ill?
It's nice to have competition in the midfield again and I think we can now be far more adaptive depending on the opposition we're facing.

Schneiderlin is obviously a shoe in regardless but if we need a strong, robust midfield then Gana and McCarthy (if he stays) will be good choices.

Davies on the other hand is far more flamboyant and forward thinking, so in these cases he'll still get a fair share of game time in my opinion.

We still need to see however if Klaassen will be in the centre or slightly more forward as that may obviously change how much he'll play.

Either way, I can't see in any situation Davies being totally shunned of game time and he'll be a great option from the bench if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.