Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve apparently want Szczesny. Not a dead giveaway obviously but I don't know if it's as far fetched as you might think.
We havent signed Pickford yet, and perhaps he wants rid of both Stek and Robles.

We won't be paying 8m+ which is what they are asking for a backup keeper, and he wouldn't join as one either mate not when he will have teams offering him starting spots

FAR more likely, is that through the media we are being used by all the Italian clubs trying to get rid of their unwanted players to drum up a bit more interest or spark teams looking at them into acting quicker, basically ALL of the players we have had the names thrown out on today (most of them first time linked to us) have been getting linked with other clubs - many of them English ones over the past few weeks/months.

I'm also guessing we are fine with that as we aren't after any of them and are actually looking at a 'higher' quality of player - maybe ones they aren't desperate to flog

We won't be paying 8m+ which is what they are asking for a backup keeper, and he wouldn't join as one either mate not when he will have teams offering him starting spots

FAR more likely, is that through the media we are being used by all the Italian clubs trying to get rid of their unwanted players to drum up a bit more interest or spark teams looking at them into acting quicker, basically ALL of the players we have had the names thrown out on today (most of them first time linked to us) have been getting linked with other clubs - many of them English ones over the past few weeks/months.

I'm also guessing we are fine with that as we aren't after any of them and are actually looking at a 'higher' quality of player - maybe ones they aren't desperate to flog
Fair enough. I don't see any teams near our level offering him a starting spot though. Not to mention he might just think he's better than Pickford.

I can't see why we would fly to Italy to discuss selling our own player, surely they would have to come to us
Good point, which is why I suggested Walsh could be there discussing one other player and/or Geri - or even sharing scouting or data analysis best practices for all I know. My point was that the Jacomuzzi press statement may have been sanctioned by us.

Banega interest may be an indication that Gylfi priced too high....

Koeman and Walsh may not think Gylfi is worth 15M more.... (and much as i like Gylfi they are right)

Banega interest may be an indication that Gylfi priced too high....

Koeman and Walsh may not think Gylfi is worth 15M more.... (and much as i like Gylfi they are right)
Yeah, based on how little has leaked about Gylfi, and how much we have heard about Pickford, Klaasen, Ramirez etc, Id say its most likely that trail went cold. Swansea may have decided to play hardball and hold out for me, and we just said "Fine, we will go elsewhere". Which im really fine with.

Yeah, based on how little has leaked about Gylfi, and how much we have heard about Pickford, Klaasen, Ramirez etc, Id say its most likely that trail went cold. Swansea may have decided to play hardball and hold out for me, and we just said "Fine, we will go elsewhere". Which im really fine with.

Yep, the Sigi chatter seems to have died a death.

Bloody hell lads!

Been flat out in work today and unable to pop in here for a scan of what's going on and there is over 40 pages added just in this thread to catch up on.

I've had to tell Mrs Toffee to shut up and go and phone the kids as I've got a busy night!

Status
Not open for further replies.