Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing City don't need is cheap or free

You say that mate, but with FFP, they still can't spend wildly, even though the rules have been relaxed.

I mean, clearly, they could go and buy two 50m full-backs if they wanted, but there's also other areas that they need to strengthen as well.

this would be mad and pretty unreasonable and highly unlikely i know. i would absolutely love us to throw a cheque book at James Rodriguez i know its so unlikely and we dont have champions league but city done it with robhinio and it was a catalyst, he's world class and i dont think many will pay what he is worth

Pickford
Gibson
Maguire
Deeney
Rooney
Sigurdsson
Ramirez
image.jpeg

So untrue. Scored 14 goals in the Prem, half of those coming v the [Poor language removed] 15/16 (away), Spurs 15/16 (away), Chelsea 15/16 (away), Everton 15/16 (away), Spurs 16/17 (away), Chelsea 16/17 (home), Spurs 16/17 (home)

2 assists and 8 goals this season. Turn up in the odd game over 30.

Had better stats last season with Payet pulling the strings.

They'd also want £30+mill for him

Last edited:
http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-join-southampton-interest-e15m-signing-koeman-tussle-puel/
Southampton have been one of the clubs repeatedly linked with Ryad Boudebouz. Back in December, Claude Puel’s side were stated as interested, but a winter move was unlikely given Montpellier’s battle against relegation from Ligue 1.

That battle has been won, and Boudebouz was a big part of it. Montpellier are now accepting the 27 year old can leave the club in the next window, and L’Equipe report on Tuesday that the fee will be €15m. That’s the same price France Football reported in April, so would appear to have something behind it.

Now, more teams are brought in by L’Equipe, one of them being Everton. Ronald Koeman’s side are named alongside Southampton, with Newcastle, Lazio, and Lyon making up the list.

Boudebouz had been eyeing a move outside of France, but is tempted by the Lyon interest.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-16-at-08.10.41-300x223.png
In the Premier League, Everton would feel they have the advantage, given their league position, and, should Ross Barkley leave, Koeman may be able to find a starting role for the player.

With 11 league goals and 9 assists so far this season, Boudebouz would be a great addition if he could transfer that to the Premier League.

In addition, Barkley's only scored 4 times against the Sky 6 in more than twice as many appearances than Lanzini, in a better side, and as the creator in chief. Lanzini played second fiddle to Payet for the most part, at West Ham.

Man City 14/15 (home), Arsenal 15/16 (away), Man City 15/16 (away), Spurs 16/17 (home).

Barkley has more influence over a game than Lanzini who hid behind Payet last season, hence why he's been quiet in a West Ham side that struggled. And Payet did more than him in half a season in terms of creative output.

I banged on about the boy Boudebouz last year.

Very Mahrez-esque (I mean they basically look the same and are best mates at int'l level).

Would be brilliant for that right side, to compete with and/or compliment Ross.

Funny how that says Lyon are interested as well.

Lyon's president has already said he wants to bring Ben Arfa back.

Now, with Ghezzal leaving (potentially even to us), that could be to replace him, though if Lacazette goes then you'd think they'd be able to offer Ben Arfa (should he join of course) a starting role as a no.9, and they'd then need a winger for the right.

I banged on about the boy Boudebouz last year.

Very Mahrez-esque (I mean they basically look the same and are best mates at int'l level).

Would be brilliant for that right side, to compete with and/or compliment Ross.

Funny how that says Lyon are interested as well.

Lyon's president has already said he wants to bring Ben Arfa back.

Now, with Ghezzal leaving (potentially even to us), that could be to replace him, though if Lacazette goes then you'd think they'd be able to offer Ben Arfa (should he join of course) a starting role as a no.9, and they'd then need a winger for the right.
Sandro = Vardy
Boudebouz = Mharez...

I wonder where this is going...

Barkley has more influence over a game than Lanzini who hid behind Payet last season, hence why he's been quiet in a West Ham side that struggled. And Payet did more than him in half a season in terms of creative output.

I beg to differ. Barkley goes missing on the big occasions and as matter of fact, influences our output in a negative way. We need players who aren't afraid to express themselves in the big games.

Walker would set City back what, 50/60m?

Which means that they'd probably look to balance that up with a cheap ('free') signing for the opposite flank...

Hasn't there been rumours of a bit of a bust up with Pocchetino or something though mate. Hence why he's been dropped for all the big games over the past month and a half.

He won't go for anything close to 50/60m quid mate, no chance on earth of that

Status
Not open for further replies.