Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not mentioned, not the issue. Koeman has set a time limit and has indicated if he goes beyond that time limit, that will mean the player has 'doubts' about staying and will be sold.

Lukaku has actively rejected a contract and clearly doesn't want to stay - come out and say you're selling Lukaku as a result.

The doubts only matter because he's got a year left, and could sit there until Jan and agree a Bosman, it's not the same scenario as Lukaku and he's going anyway, it's just been left unsaid.

Are we more forgiving of Ross because he's 'one of us' ...if a foreign player put in exactly the same performances would we be arsed if he was getting sold?

Given he's our one and only creative player right now id be arsed regardless of where he's from, but yes being 'one of us' does play a part in wanting to keep him. He still has all the tools to be a top player, he's still only 23... lots of players who are smashing it in their peak years weren't consistently setting the world on fire at 23.

There's nothing really wrong with what Koeman is saying Everton are going to need to sell if he doesn't sign the deal this much is obvious, but I'm not sure that calling his bluff in such a public way isn't just going to help push him out the door.

The doubts only matter because he's got a year left, and could sit there until Jan and agree a Bosman, it's not the same scenario as Lukaku and he's going anyway, it's just been left unsaid.

OK, so leave Barkley "unsaid" in public too and get on with it behind the scenes. What's to gain from publicly doing what Koeman is doing, unless you are that ruthless across the board?

All I see is a hypocrite; I'm not a davek-ish Koeman basher either - just puzzled by the positive response to that from Koeman when, for me, all it does is highlight how much they see their arse with Raiola.

And all I see too is terrible man-management if he does want the player - way to treat a valued member of the squad.

Silence is sometimes the best policy - I understood it with Lukaku until this, but now it's clear that Koeman has a big gob when it suits him to have a big gob.

Maybe he's seen enough of Ross to think he can't improve in a way the benefits his Everton team going forward? He's definitely not got irreplaceable ability and about 1,000 players out there are smarter on the pitch.

Well then I hope Koeman has a top quality replacement lined up because its Everton team is very short of inventive / playmaker type of player. In my view you should only sell a top quality player when you are completely sure you can replace him.

Barkley has been dropped twice this season, has been extremely poor in 90% of our away games, has not had one good game against a top team, not good enough to get a game for a poor national side, yet is holding out on a new deal?
The game has gone mad!
As much as we want this lad to be great and a club hero, the simple facts are he is not quite good enough, shame, but get the money and let him go!

Well then I hope Koeman has a top quality replacement lined up because its Everton team is very short of inventive / playmaker type of player. In my view you should only sell a top quality player when you are completely sure you can replace him.

He's not dumb, I'm sure if he's going to sell him it'll be early and we'll already have a replacement earmarked. Even if he stays we'll already be in the market for creative players regardless.

There's nothing really wrong with what Koeman is saying Everton are going to need to sell if he doesn't sign the deal this much is obvious, but I'm not sure that calling his bluff in such a public way isn't just going to help push him out the door.

to look at another angle of this. Perhaps the club do want to get rid of Ross. Perhaps they can see on the training ground that he isn't going to get better than he is now and they cannot just outright sell him because he is a blue. So by publically getting him to sign the contract then perhaps this is simply to get rid of him. If it makes him stand off on signing then before he knows it he is gone, especially if behind the scenes he thinks he IS everton.

Purely speculation all of that but us fans do not see the other side to Ross that the manager and staff do. We cannot sell him but if we make him want to leave himself then that is another story

He's not dumb, I'm sure if he's going to sell him it'll be early and we'll already have a replacement earmarked. Even if he stays we'll already be in the market for creative players regardless.

Yes we were after these type of players last year, they are not easy to get, when every other team wants them as well. Be honest hope he stays and we are still after those type of players as well.

It's simple. If Ross thinks he's better off elsewhere then he needs to say it. And we need to get him out the door asap. Should not play tomorrow. But if he does then he deserves whatever comes his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.