Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see him other than a squad player in the top 6 teams. I want him to stay but not too bothered if he goes. He is not irreplaceable.

You have to wonder if it is him though. It could be his agent telling him that if he holds out he can get a better deal etc.

If he wants to stay then now is the time to tell his agent to come to an agreement with the club and get the deal done.

Possibly, or maybe the agent has been urging him to wait until the summer and see if there's any other options for him.

Either way, the ball sits with him and he needs to take control of the situation if he genuinely wants to extend his stay.

I would be disappointed if he left after being outstanding the last few seasons. Sadly he hasn't, so not bothered if he stays or goes.

Gut instinct says he is gone.

Same here, think if he would have signed he would have done so by now. Could be a blue legend, now looks like he is going to be a Jeffers or a Rooney. Sad thing is when he's on the Spurs bench watch him start getting picked and actually playing for England, just like a certain Man City centre half, who for the first couple of months with City was absolutely terrible. But was immediately in the England team.

You have to wonder if it is him though. It could be his agent telling him that if he holds out he can get a better deal etc.

If he wants to stay then now is the time to tell his agent to come to an agreement with the club and get the deal done.
We don't know if the actual delay of signing the contract is due to money on offer, or he genuinely believes leaving Everton will further his career.

Thats true I didn't really think about it that way. Agent holding out for big money trying to get the most for his client could be whats going on. But to wait until the last week seems like it would just make it a tense situation for everyone. If Ross wants a deal done, he needs to tell his agent to just get it done.

Was actually convinced he would stay - even more so after his reaction to the Burnley "goal" at the Gwladys - but I've flipped now. He's gone IMHO.

Lukaku has 2 years left, Barkley has 1. If Barkley had 2 we wouldn't have the need to sell him this summer.

They still put a contract on the table.

His own words - 'If you take so much time (in signing) you have doubts (about staying). The board has worked a long time' - so what's the difference? Lukaku has doubts about staying obviously, so hold him to the same standards.

They still put a contract on the table.

His own words - 'If you take so much time (in signing) you have doubts (about staying). The board has worked a long time' - so what's the difference? Lukaku has doubts about staying obviously, so hold him to the same standards.

Again, contract length. If Lukaku is still here next summer and it's the same situation the same words will be said.

I think if Rom had one year left he would have said that.

That's not mentioned.

All that is said is "contract on table, sign it or we'll sell you as if you don't by this arbitrary time limit, you obviously have doubts about staying so leave."

That applies to Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.