Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stick he gets is actually insane. You're exactly right.

Whenever we don't play well it's always Barkey's fault.

I must have missed Kevin Mirallas playing like Ronaldinho today for him to get away Scott free. Amongst all the others you mention.
This will be the reason, if he decides to leave.
Mental the way some fans treat him, most of the players were poor today but don't seem to get the same abuse as him, probably the same fans who was buzzing off him when he was MOTM last week.

This will be the reason, if he decides to leave.
Mental the way some fans treat him, most of the players were poor today but don't seem to get the same abuse as him, probably the same fans who was buzzing off him when he was MOTM last week.

...he was my MoTM last week and the week before but the very top players score goals when you most need it, the very best players turn draws into wins, defeats into draws. I like the lad and I hope he stays but I still think we can do better.

...he was my MoTM last week and the week before but the very top players score goals when you most need it, the very best players turn draws into wins, defeats into draws. I like the lad and I hope he stays but I still think we can do better.
Is that the same for Lukaku as well?

..I think Lukaku has done that aplenty to be fair.
He didn't today, or against Utd, RS, was [Poor language removed] in the FA cup semi-final, missed that pen against West Ham last year to go 3-0 up, not to say he isn't good or that I don't want him to stay as Rom is a brilliant goalscorer but he goes missing in a lot of games as well. My point was that Ross is more unfairly treated than any other player at the club. Mirallas might as well not have been on the pitch but not much has been said about him.
My concern with Barkley is that he just isn't consistent enough.

He didn't today, or against Utd, RS, was [Poor language removed] in the FA cup semi-final, missed that pen against West Ham last year to go 3-0 up, not to say he isn't good or that I don't want him to stay as Rom is a brilliant goalscorer but he goes missing in a lot of games as well. My point was that Ross is more unfairly treated than any other player at the club. Mirallas might as well not have been on the pitch but not much has been said about him.

..Lukaku has scored pivotal goals for us, including against the Reds and against Chelsea in the FA Cup. I like Barkley, I rate Barkley but I'm afraid we can do better.

..Lukaku has scored pivotal goals for us, including against the Reds and against Chelsea in the FA Cup. I like Barkley, I rate Barkley but I'm afraid we can do better.
Who would you get in instead, if we sold Barkley? Or who are we likely to get in as we won't be in the CL?

I think the only reason Barkley is highlighted is because the fans want him to lead by example and be our go to hero.
Mirallas isn't mentioned because he is someone we can do better than. He is not the young local icon we want to build the club around.

Hence the frustration when he has an anonymous game.

Hopefully he stays and next season we see him take his Goodison form into the away fixtures. Then we will have that player we all want Ross to be. He can do it as he showed flashes in Martinez first season.

I think the only reason Barkley is highlighted is because the fans want him to lead by example and be our go to hero.
Mirallas isn't mentioned because he is someone we can do better than. He is not the young local icon we want to build the club around.

Hence the frustration when he has an anonymous game.

Hopefully he stays and next season we see him take his Goodison form into the away fixtures. Then we will have that player we all want Ross to be. He can do it as he showed flashes in Martinez first season.
That's my point tho because he's local, people feel he should be far better than any other player, or when the team is playing badly it's his fault because he's the local lad. He may well play better without the shackles of that tag in another team, he may also be thinking this himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.