New Everton Stadium Discussion

Totally right, but because you can reduce the capacity for these events instead of moveable seating as per Stade de France you can have a tier that folds away. This way the upper tier does not have to be so far away in the first place, as per the pics below. This part should be fairly inexpensive but would only work to gain the extra few meters in width.

Unfortunately it still requires one end either to be temporary or to be able to move back far enough to accommodate the required length. This part will be quite expensive as it changes the footprint of the stadium and as someone has said you have to take into account the utilities as it moves from one place to another.

View attachment 36157
View attachment 36158

Problem with that is the people in the seats above the removable section won't be able to see half the pitch, due to the angle of the stand. Much less of a problem in baseball than in football.

Could be a perfect place to relocate the current occupiers of the back of the lower bullens and gwladys I guess!

Not to be pedantic, but I'm not sure he's had a football (i.e. soccer) stadium built yet has he? As far as I know Roma will actually be his first.

Looking at his designs, he's certainly not going to land you with an identikit stadium, and the level of engagement with fans is promising, but I'd still be keeping a close eye on how successful the Roma project turns out to be.

I love the sound of what he's doing at Roma, I don't think we'll get a track to do with the cwg so I don't see that being a problem but the rest of it below I want.
the architecture enables the venue to be easily configured to multiple configurations, including retractable stage canopies, rigging, and turf protection systems, providing extreme flexibility as a place for concerts with an expansion capacity of 60,000. as well as hosting international competitions and major entertainment events, the venue will serve as the centre point of a larger mixed-use development, comprising retail outlets, dining facilities and recreational services

http://www.designboom.com/architecture/woods-bagot-stadio-della-roma-rome-stadium-03-28-2014/

Not to be pedantic, but I'm not sure he's had a football (i.e. soccer) stadium built yet has he? As far as I know Roma will actually be his first.

Looking at his designs, he's certainly not going to land you with an identikit stadium, and the level of engagement with fans is promising, but I'd still be keeping a close eye on how successful the Roma project turns out to be.

Maybe not as Meis studios, but he has worked extensively with Populous in the past, and they've built a few.

Totally right, but because you can reduce the capacity for these events instead of moveable seating as per Stade de France you can have a tier that folds away. This way the upper tier does not have to be so far away in the first place, as per the pics below. This part should be fairly inexpensive but would only work to gain the extra few meters in width.

Unfortunately it still requires one end either to be temporary or to be able to move back far enough to accommodate the required length. This part will be quite expensive as it changes the footprint of the stadium and as someone has said you have to take into account the utilities as it moves from one place to another.

View attachment 36157
View attachment 36158

There isn't much in the way of services required for seating. You'd just configure the concourse so that it was set back.

Problem with that is the people in the seats above the removable section won't be able to see half the pitch, due to the angle of the stand. Much less of a problem in baseball than in football.

Could be a perfect place to relocate the current occupiers of the back of the lower bullens and gwladys I guess!

This is absolutely correct, in that configuration of the US Bank stadium they would not be able to see that part of the field. (unless the angle of the upper tier is set an angle so when you look down you can see the seats below, which is of course useless in its main football form)

But we would not need to be quite as drastic as that, it was just an example of what is possible We would need probably around 16 rows from each side to make the space for a running track and a few meters gap, so obviously the problem wouldn't seem as bad and i'd rather the restricted views be when in athletics mode rather than football. (If it were to happen)

View attachment 36157
View attachment 36158
The only problem there is that the track would be up against the wall, and out of the view of anyone in that stand. In Minneapolis, it's only a small area of the baseball outfield (rarely used) that's affected.

The real problem with the track is the area behind the goals. It's a massive area, and impossible to provide a satisfactory solution without building in two stages.

Having read the full statement by Joe Anderson again though, I'm more confident that it won't happen. I don't think he has thought it through or appreciates how difficult it will be. He uses Hampden as his example, which obviously isn't appropriate. He also just suggests that he would ask Everton to accommodate it if they can, but I think it has no part in Dan Meis' plan.

There isn't much in the way of services required for seating. You'd just configure the concourse so that it was set back.

The problem is the distance it has to go back to get the track in (remembering the other end is square) it will be almost half a pitch again on from the football setting. You'd need very long bridges to link up to a static concourse.

This is absolutely correct, in that configuration of the US Bank stadium they would not be able to see that part of the field. (unless the angle of the upper tier is set an angle so when you look down you can see the seats below, which is of course useless in its main football form)

But we would not need to be quite as drastic as that, it was just an example of what is possible We would need probably around 16 rows from each side to make the space for a running track and a few meters gap, so obviously the problem wouldn't seem as bad and i'd rather the restricted views be when in athletics mode rather than football. (If it were to happen)

It's not the width that's the deciding factor. It's the length.

I posted some rough figures a few days back, basically you'd need to remove 35-40 rows to fit it in.

To give those figures some perspective the New San Mamés in Bilbao has around 30 rows in its lower tier.

It's not the width that's the deciding factor. It's the length.

I posted some rough figures a few days back, basically you'd need to remove 35-40 rows to fit it in.

To give those figures some perspective the New San Mamés in Bilbao has around 30 rows in its lower tier.

I'm singing from the same hymn sheet with you there. I was answering a direct question on the type of fold away seating that the US bank stadium has which would only be useful for the sides. Like you say that won't work for the end and it will need to be something temporary that can be taken down and put up further away or a mechanical solution that can give you 40/50 metres movement.