New Everton Stadium Discussion

We should get a retractable running track that lives outside the ground & never comes back.

I'm not an architect but that might not be the worst shout. All olympic stadiums are designed first as a running track i.e. West Ham. They are looking for a world class experience for the olympics, what comes next, the football ground, is an afterthought.

Maybe we could do it the other way round. A stadium that has a running track but is crap as an athletics stadium but which is boss as a football stadium.

I am rather drunk, but here me out, maybe think of your classic football stadium, as intimidating as you like, fans right on top of the pitch. Underneath this fantastic football stadium, is a running track.

The stands themselves are retractable. So when the Commonwealth Games comes, the stands move out to expose the running track. Now as the stadium is built to be a football stadium it looks bloody awful as an athletics stadium, there may end up being gaps between the stands, but in principal, it just about works.

The commonwealth games isn't the Olympics, they will take what they are given. Host cities are jumping ship. If its not the greatest athletics stadium, they can get stuffed.

But my idea is a running track underneath a football stadium. The stand roll out, it looks awful but there you go, you have a running track with stands around it.

The Commonwealth games is virtually one weeks of Athletics. We will be there for 100 years. We have to be the priority.

In a roundabout kind of way, for olympics, it needs to be a great Athletics Stadium. I'm to so sure it needs to be one for the Commonwealth games.

Make the stands be on giant hinges that flip over to face the outside of the stadium with the running track out there. When we play flip it back. It can't be hard to do that, we sent men to the moon.

Its gonna be a cracker.

pg-22-carson-rex.jpg

I didn't think this thread could get any worse but it has!

On today of all days, Christ wasn't resurrected to deal with the bowl or square argument! FFS!

Went to a Blue Jays game last year at the Rogers Centre - absolutely fantastic stadium. Roof was closed and the atmosphere was fantastic. As it is bowl shaped, the concourse spanned the entire stadium with plenty of bars, food sellers and bogs within easy reach from your seat.

RogersCenter5.jpg