New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes. March 31st was the date mentioned by big Joe last week.
4deccbcc63373.jpg

Choose another name, there's only one Big Joe.

why not liver birds and PRT?
Because the liver bird, like it or not, is now in the eyes of the world, the symbol of LFC.

There's no good reason for putting it on our stadium. It isn't going to be LFC's stadium. Nor is it going to be the City of Liverpool's stadium. It's OUR stadium. Why on earth would we want to give that shower free advertising?

We have seen nothing yet, not from the Echo and or the bitters, some of the rubbish spoken and written is laugable but this is just the start of it. give it a few months and they will really start to burst.
At the mo things are going ok for them, they are in with a shout of the top 4, but if they fallout of that, which i think they might, the only direction they can channel the fume will be towards us. And they will, and I for one will love every minute of it safe in the knowledge that no matter how much they cry and moan and how much nonsense the Echo write there is nothing they can do to stop this.

Spot on.

When was the last time this lot were truly up against it? Even during our success in the 80's they were still winning things. We won the Cup in 84, they won the European Cup. We won the league in 85 and they got to the European Cup Final etc and obviously they were still a top team after that time.

If they don't get in that top 4 and they finally come to the realisation that Spurs (at least) have overtaken them as top 4 regulars and now they have us challenging them to get in it as well, they are not going to be happy. I love how they try and pass off this 'we're not bothered' act as well.

That Steve Hothersall claiming 99% are not bothered about our ground move and are happy for us. The ones who are not arsed at the moment are only not bothered because a) they think it's a cert it will be 50,000 so keeps us well below them and b) because a lot of them don't actually believe we can pull it off.

If it's announced that the Stadium will be 55,000+ they will show their disgust and the bitterness levels will go up another notch. I am really hoping the Capacity is at least 55,000 as I think we will sell that amount.

doesn't matter if the new stadium is 50k anyway it'll still have more seats available than anfield for "fans".. too many of the seats at anfield are corporate or for day trippers who wouldn't give a [Poor language removed] abar Liverpool just there for the experience, would absolutely hate goodison ( or the new ground ) to be about that, going the game should be for fans not for people turning up with cameras to take pictures of milner taking a throw

I know nothing about costings, but I imagine things will run to well north of 400m. As long as we get capacity right, and have something enclosed and imtimidating on the pitch, with a reasonable level on services and facilities, Meis will take care of the rest. We have to maximise $$$ from the new stadium right from the off.

It's even more important to build it on the larger side knowing how we are paying for it. I'd imagine the council and residents are not going to allow us to spend 60 million more on extending the stadium once it's built if we still owe x amount of hundreds of millions.

So if we go 50-55k and sell it out each game we will be stuck with that for the foreseeable, unless some one can pay the expansion costs without financing it or refinance the whole stadium away from the council.

I would be very interested in seeing a breakdown of the total costs of Spurs stadium, and how much of it is accounted for with architectural niceties and features as far as design/construction goes.

Wouldn't we all?! There's no public money being put into this project and we obviously aren't in the nice position of having a friendly council acting as a guarantor for loans, so I doubt we'll ever see such a breakdown. I don't think there's too much concern though - Levy might've made questionable decisions on the football side of things in the past (Fraizer Campbell says hi), but he's never got anything but the best deals on the business side.

Someone posted a summary of some of the stuff happening here - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=139218391&postcount=32326 - which includes this - "DL wants the entire stadium to be of a corporate hospitality level, the fit and finish will be exceptional throughout". This fits with previous quotes saying they want the whole stadium to match the quality of the new training centre.

Retractable pitch aside, I don't know if there will be anything groundbreaking architecturally, it just sounds like they're making sure everything is really high-spec.

The other big thing about any cost-breakdown is we have literally no idea what the NFL is bringing to the party. Are they putting in money to the build (or at least towards the cost of the retractable pitch)? If they're serious about a long-term London franchise even putting in £200m (a number I've plucked out of the air) would be much cheaper than building their own stadium. Or are they simply paying a good chunk in rent for 10 years of their contract? Or is the club just hoping their involvement (and possible franchise down the line) will swell stadium sponsorships to another level?

Finally, the stadium isn't being built in isolation which complicates things further. The residential/hotel/supermarket/school/leisure facilities to the north and south of the stadium are all helping with the stadium costs. I've heard Everton/LCC will be looking at similar enabling developments - I wonder if the club will manage them, or if they'll be pushed into subsidiary companies owned by Moshiri/Usamov, or if it's something Peel wants to do by himself and from which Everton will benefit indirectly from increased footfall on non-matchdays?