Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
... it could be that this is just the player and his agent trying to keep things calm until declaring he's not signing in the summer. As I said, he's losing a significant amount of money by not signing now. Who knows what's really going on.
Or everyone is just speculating and he will just sign the contract In a couple of weeks?

... it could be that this is just the player and his agent trying to keep things calm until declaring he's not signing in the summer. As I said, he's losing a significant amount of money by not signing now. Who knows what's really going on.

We can backpack him the money if he signs later on so he doesn't lose any money. He could be waiting on

Who do we sign
Can he work with Koeman
Is he happy
Will he believe in Everton future that we are ambitious and will try and win stuff and aim for the cl
What other offers will he have?

He has been leaving since he signed. When you have a player who can score goals like Lukaku and you are finishing in the bottom half of the league there will be speculation. A good finish this year and a couple of good signings early in the summer window and Everton can become a much more attractive proposition.
We are enjoying a good patch and we are looking forward to darker times. Everton that !

We can backpack him the money if he signs later on so he doesn't lose any money. He could be waiting on

Who do we sign
Can he work with Koeman
Is he happy
Will he believe in Everton future that we are ambitious and will try and win stuff and aim for the cl
What other offers will he have?

...quite possibly. It's probably me being cynicle but the longer this goes on the more I feel he's likely to leave. Hopefully it's resolved very soon.

Could look at this from another perspective.
The later the contract gets signed the less likely a move in the summer may be.
e.g he signs a contract with 4 games to go! He isnt going to get linked with any moves anywere.

Thing is all we need is literally 2 more players added to the starting XI and 2 added to the squad and we'd be looking outstanding ...

Imagine adding 2 more proven players (goalkeeper, centre back) to this group:

Baines, Coleman, Williams, Holgate, Gueye, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku

And 2 more added to these to compete for a starting place:

With competition added from the likes of Davies, Mori, Robles, Barry, Bolasie, Lookman, Besic, and Browning, Calvert-Lewin, Dowell, Galloway, Pennington all on the fringe of a squad place.

We'd be bloody brilliant! No excuse not to get money spent either going off Mr Moshiri's "I'll give everything I have" comments, etc. Really hope we can add quality additions in the summer.

Thing is all we need is literally 2 more players added to the starting XI and 2 added to the squad and we'd be looking outstanding ...

Imagine adding 2 more proven players (goalkeeper, centre back) to this group:

Baines, Coleman, Williams, Holgate, Gueye, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku

And 2 more added to these to compete for a starting place:

With competition added from the likes of Davies, Mori, Robles, Barry, Bolasie, Lookman, Besic, and Browning, Calvert-Lewin, Dowell, Galloway, Pennington all on the fringe of a squad place.

We'd be bloody brilliant! No excuse not to get money spent either going off Mr Moshiri's "I'll give everything I have" comments, etc. Really hope we can add quality additions in the summer.

Funny how we view things differently, I've been thinking we need a major overhaul in the next 12 months if we are going to push on in the league.

We need a No 1
Williams has been a huge disappointment
Mori- He might get better, but dont think he'll ever be a top, top centre half
Baines, love the man to bits, but he aint getting any younger
Barry, on his last legs, although I think with Schneiderlin, Gueye and McCarthy we are covered
Mirallas has been second rate for two years now
Lukaku, seriously cant see him being here next season

He's 23, if he was to leave I think we'd get another season out of him firat.

Need to be challenging for a top 3 spot next season, get two decent signings in this summer (EARLY) and we'll challenge for the league and do well in the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.