January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're just over halfway through the month, no one above us have signed anyone except City agreed a deal for that young Jesus lad, we've signed proven quality for proper money and a lad who scored within a minute of his debut in a game where we smashed the most expensively assembled squad of talent going 4-0 and people are still upset? Should we have bought Schlupp as well just to get that net spend up another ten mill or what?

The bedwetters are rallying Jim, they are starting to make some headway into the battle lines of the excuse makers.

After that surging start from the excuse makers they are now defending with the strategy " We'll wait till the summer "

If you remember back in the summer Jim, they went with a similar strategy of " We'll wait till the end of the Euro's " which was followed with " We'll wait till the players have had a holiday " to the final defence line of " We'll wait till deadline day "

I'm predicting a similar defense strategy for this battle but the excuse of needing to sell Stones for FFP can't be used and we need to use that profit from that sale in this window as it can't be carried over.

Back to you in the studio Jim.

We've had a good window, three more players and it'll be a great one.

We need a class center half if we can get one and a striker to back up or play with Rom.

I'm sure ins and outs will be done.

Hopefully our youth team strengthens like unsy wants as well

So we're just over halfway through the month, no one above us have signed anyone except City agreed a deal for that young Jesus lad, we've signed proven quality for proper money and a lad who scored within a minute of his debut in a game where we smashed the most expensively assembled squad of talent going 4-0 and people are still upset? Should we have bought Schlupp as well just to get that net spend up another ten mill or what?

They bought him in the summer, to join this window.

@Eggs what would you think if we had an interest in depay and bailey? who would you prefer + think it would hamper lookman?

...I suspect RK/SW wanted Depay as an immediate first team starter and Lookman as one with real potential. I don't think he's enamoured with any of the wide players he inherited and the injury to Bolasie means he'd like to bring a couple in to strengthen his team/squad. The timing of this latest link (with Bailey) indicates we are working our way down the list now that Depay seems to have floundered.

I think it's too early to gauge the strength of the Bailey rumour. I appreciate he's only a youngster (like Lookman) but perhaps he's seen as a more likely starter. I know you like Bailey and he does seem a real talent.

All guesswork.

Last edited:

Leon Bailey would be an exciting signing. Pace,skills,two footed, can play on the right and left wing. Would be the perfect moment to sign him or he'll be off to a big club in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.