New Everton Stadium Discussion

Really? I'm interested if you are able to expand on why H&G initially went for Stanley Park and why they're now going for stadium expansion when the waterfront has been available all this time. Do you think the LFC hierarchy realise that our move may alter the dynamics of power? (Apologies for presuming you have the answers to all my musings)

Without knowing the full details, and making a few assumptions. There was a fair whack of European money being made available for the Stanley Park stadium, likely only available as it was on local council owned land. It wouldnt be available for improvement of land owned by Peel.

Without knowing the full details, and making a few assumptions. There was a fair whack of European money being made available for the Stanley Park stadium, likely only available as it was on local council owned land. It wouldnt be available for improvement of land owned by Peel.

It could be used to improve transport and roads infrastructure in the surrounding area though, unless we cut ties with the EU soon of course, there'd be of pots of money somewhere we could tap in to I'm sure?

Love them!, I've seen that 1891 one before, the liver bird is actually sat in the Everton badge (shield) with a reef around it a whole 6 years before we spunked them on the curtains,

it's great how they have to read about our history to get to theirs haha
I'm sure 99.99% of them will have no clue about this, or will believe/deny it. The liver bird is blue.

I know we may have used the Liver Bird first...but that means nothing to me. It's heavily associated with the RS now and I'm therefore not interested in it. Let them have it.

Agree on this, we will have the River Mersey soon and can use an image of the waterfront, by using the bird just because they have is making them sound relevant.

I'm sure 99.99% of them will have no clue about this, or will believe/deny it. The liver bird is blue.

I know we may have used the Liver Bird first...but that means nothing to me. It's heavily associated with the RS now and I'm therefore not interested in it. Let them have it.

Agree on this, we will have the River Mersey soon and can use an image of the waterfront, by using the bird just because they have is making them sound relevant.
You fellas seem to have wandered into the wrong thread. There you go...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/should-efc-start-to-utilise-blue-liverbird.93602/

Trying to figure out how a waterfront panorama would look. Whereabouts on below (or how far off to the left) would the stadium be?

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~emes1938/Images/Liverpool Waterfront 1000pixels.jpg

It's not on that photo. If you look at the one below the stadium would be between the dockers clock on the far left and the big brick warehouse.

south-jpg.30087

Just to bump things along, seeing as we are all waiting on news on this, I have just taken a look at the location and a few things I notice are the following 1) the site is about 1.5 miles from the pubs on Dale Street, we are talking no more than about £4.50 in a black cab 2) plenty of scope for disused pubs on the dock road to reopen if the demand is there, a few of them which have closed in the last 20 years are in fact still standing 3) just north of the site, is a medium size industrial estate called Sandon Estate/Wellington Business Park. Similar to around Old Trafford and Wembley, this is exactly the kind of place which can offer secure parking at weekends and evenings to those Jeremy Clarksons who won't give up their cars regardless of any other parking provision the club sees fit to offer. That's all.