Are you raising your kid to be a blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was blessed. Wedding reception was at Goodison, my wife is from Walton and my lad was christened at St Luke's. We have since moved away from L4 due to work, but Everton is our club and we couldn't have it any other way.

My lad is the only Evertonian in his school and as such the only Evertonian STH in his school - it's in his blood - and he will carry that to his son. It's easy in my world.

Kids? Urgh....no thanks.....

raw

My lad does not like Everton, and I cannot force him as that is unfair.
My brother has been a season ticket holder since 1982 and has a house full of memorabilia, his son is 23 and has no interest.

My other nephews support Man United.
Success breeds new fans.

My mate, a massive blue, his son supports United and goes the games with his mum who has followed them all her life.

Sad times.
This for me is Bill Kenwrights legacy.
We are a community club now rather than the international powerhouse I was brought with.

If he was into football, I'd probably take him down to the non-league teams. Seems better to create a sense of community rather than telling him to support Everton just because I did He;ll get more enjoyment out if it
Terrible parenting.

My eldest doesn't even understand football yet but tells me he loves Everton and gives me the thumbs down if I mention Liverpool.

My lad calls me a [Poor language removed] blue cos im kinda negative and predict defeats before games.............that proves he's a proper blue surely?

Dad took me and younger bro to GP although he was a non match going red. That did it for us and my sons are all blues as are my bro's kids...my other 2 brothers were blues as well. No contest or argument...as the saying goes, you can become a red...... but you are born a Blue.....

My lads dont like football, ffs.

Which in a way is sound, but at least the eldest takes an interest in Everton now, and does say he supports us. Even though I doubt he knows not one single player.

My boy is two so doesn't know yet but I plan on getting him a full kit every season and keep them stored away when too small for him. Want him to have every shirt from when he was born. Love looking back at all my old ones. One stumbling block I can see is that I have pushy relatives, on my missus side, who want to get him Boro shirts. Told her brother if he did it would be straight down the charity shop. If I still live in Teesside when the boy comes of age and wants to go to boro games with his mates, then that's ok but until that time comes it's Everton and nothing else. One of the major reasons for this is the amount of Liverpool and Chelsea shirts you see up here. It's shocking and I can't let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.