Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fee is rising to £50mil with realistic add ons... i.e. they win the league with him playing x amount of games is one of them.

It's not bullying, we got a record fee for a player who didn't want to be here

Some people are never happy, mate. We could have sold him for £60m and it would have been £5m too little.

If we somehow managed to pull off top 4 this season the same people would still moan about a negative net spend lol fact

I think that's the problem though, you're saying 'if we somehow pull off top 4', but if we had gone strong in the market and bolstered where we needed (at least one more CB, cover for Baines and a CF to at least keep Rom honest at a minimum) you could make a statement like that with a bit more confidence. Don't get me wrong, even with that strengthening we are seasons away from thinking we can go for the top 4, but we should have been able to, after this window, been able to say we should be competing for top 6 or 7 but in my opinion I think it will be a case of 'if we somehow pull off top 6 or 7'.

If the oft quoted, in the tabloids, comment about there being £100m to spend was so factually incorrect and manifestly a lie why didn't the club step in to temper expectations? The watch this space quote earlier in the week doesn't help. The ludicrous not wanting Sissoko because James McCarthy is family statement is just embarrassing. We've not covered ourselves in glory as a club this transfer window, and it's a shame because selling Stones for top whack and getting Williams as a replacement for £10m-12m is great stuff, and Bolasie is an exciting signing, albeit in a position we would not have necessarily said was a priority earlier in the window and if we could have kicked on we could have been really happy with our work. I somehow doubt too many of us would not want to change a few things about our business though........

Zat, your vendetta against him is weird.

Our inability to get the deals done has nothing to do with the manager in this instance. We simply can't negotiate 'big' deals quickly.

Do you agree that most managers speak with the players they are trying to sign to tell them where they will play etc etc etc?

There's still the January window, no? I don't believe our squad is as bad as people make out on here. The last two seasons failures have been mainly down to bad management from Martinez and his team of goons.

If we are in the top 8 by January which looks likely on current form then what's to stop us strengthening with 1 or 2 quality players added to the 4 good players we've already brought in and pushing on for Europe?

Too much doom and gloom and too little looking at the bigger picture... Feel like no one is putting things into perspective all because of deadline day going tits up with one over rated player...

;)

It's funny...not long ago this was 'the best squad we've had since the 80's'.

And the only things to happen to that since is that it's been added to and improved upon, we've gained mega-bucks on a defender who was, at times, a liability and as BOSS as he could have been (and prob will be) he simply didn't want to be here and hadn't wanted to be for some time, we've kept a player who many were sure would off...oh, and we've got an honest, well-respected manager who doesn't talk in bubbles and soundbites, a DOF newly in place and a billionaire owner also new in the role t'boot...

But it's all crap now eh...

Some people just dig that half-empty glass innits.

Do you agree that most managers speak with the players they are trying to sign to tell them where they will play etc etc etc?

Yes, they do. And he will have spoke with the players - but it isn't his job to do the final negotiations to get the players over the line.

Some managers like to be fully involved all the way through - Koeman openly said the other day that he doesn't.

;)

And the only things to happen to that since is that it's been added to and improved upon, we've gained mega-bucks on a defender who was, at times, a liability and as BOSS as he could have been (and prob will be) he simply didn't want to be here and hadn't wanted to be for some time, we've kept a player who many were sure would off...oh, and we've got an honest, well-respected manager who doesn't talk in bubbles and soundbites, a DOF newly in place and a billionaire owner also new in the role t'boot...

This, in a nutshell.

;)

I reckon most people's glasses are like just at the dregs of spit left at the bottom.

And I'm not sure why. We've not lost a game yet.

I think it says it all that there is nothing on the official site at all from Koeman or any staff regarding deadline and their thoughts on the incomings and outgoings across the transfer window. It's clear as day things aren't all rosy behind the scenes, and rightly so. Koeman must already be considering his future with us.

ITK?

giphy.gif

Yes, they do. And he will have spoke with the players - but it isn't his job to do the final negotiations to get the players over the line.

Some managers like to be fully involved all the way through - Koeman openly said the other day that he doesn't.

We can read today about Eriksson not signing a contract extension until Poch stepped in. Yes its different than signing new players but shows the difference it makes for the players to have the manager involved.

If you had the choice of joining us or a comparable other team and the other teams manager met/called you and Koeman didnt then you would logically feel more wanted by the other manager.

Its like when Moyes met Bellamy and Bellamy wanted to join....met a second time and Bellamy didnt feel wanted so didnt come.

The manager is the one who gets these players over the line.

We can read today about Eriksson not signing a contract extension until Poch stepped in. Yes its different than signing new players but shows the difference it makes for the players to have the manager involved.

If you had the choice of joining us or a comparable other team and the other teams manager met/called you and Koeman didnt then you would logically feel more wanted by the other manager.

Its like when Moyes met Bellamy and Bellamy wanted to join....met a second time and Bellamy didnt feel wanted so didnt come.

The manager is the one who gets these players over the line.

Koeman will have been involved mate - he'll have met players and held talks etc.

But it isn't on HIM to do the final negotiating/securing of the deals - that's on the people above Koeman and Walsh...

What Koeman and Walsh now need to do though is identify all of their targets for January early and MAKE SURE that they get signed quickly.

In the meantime, we at least have a very good manager who knows how to win games.

I watched the Belgium game last night and, while I wish Bobby the best, dear me , he really is hopeless.

Koeman will have been involved mate - he'll have met players and held talks etc.

But it isn't on HIM to do the final negotiating/securing of the deals - that's on the people above Koeman and Walsh...

What Koeman and Walsh now need to do though is identify all of their targets for January early and MAKE SURE that they get signed quickly.

In the meantime, we at least have a very good manager who knows how to win games.

I watched the Belgium game last night and, while I wish Bobby the best, dear me , he really is hopeless.

For me, its down to the manager. Terms agreed with club and negotiating with agent...you then need the manager to convince him.

;)

To be honest, this is how I was viewing the transfer window......right up until the Sissoko shambles and the loan of a third choice striker from Hammers.

Being played like that by a player who was anonymous as his team were relegated last season and the loan of a player who finds himself two places below Andy Carroll in the WHU totem came as a slap in the face to me.

But I will get over it and I look forward to proper football resuming after this blasted international break so we can see if we can build on our tremendous start to the season.

COYB :dance:

Probably no less than The Esk

Not to join a 'love-in' of any description but, thing is, as time passes I think you'll come to discover that much/most of the ESK's info was VERY near the mark if not absolutely 'spot on'...what one cannot compensate nor make allowances for is the fickle/often greedy nature of footballers and their entourage.

We were played like a Gypsy fiddle at times, I'm positive of that, disappointing as it was...

But I will say one thing...some of the barracking of the ESK from fellow blues (not you BTW mate) is a bit shameful really and continues to be so.

I suppose that's the price one pays on a forum though eh...it's mighty easy to be faceless and point.

*shakes head

Status
Not open for further replies.