Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure how that relates to my point

Apologises for you not being able to relate to my post. You seem obsessed with players ages. As you stated yesterday, you see this window as a missed opportunity because we will have players of a certain age. Clearly we can replace these players in future windows and they are more than adequate for this season.

ITK on TEF has said a formal offer has been put in place for Sissoko in the region of £30mill.
I like Sissoko. Not sure he would work with Gueye but I thought him and Carvalho would have been a great partnership.

Can we not go for Bazoer? I think he would suit playing alongside Gueye more plus our squad is starting to look a bit worryingly old.

I like Sissoko. Not sure he would work with Gueye but I thought him and Carvalho would have been a great partnership.

Think it'd offer us a different dimension in the centre though Marty.

From everything RK has said, Barry and Gueye seem to be his first choice midfield pairing.

If indeed McCarthy wants out, then bringing in Sissoko adds another style of player in there that could add different options.

Then again I don't think we'd be spending £30m on a squad player.

My God - I know it's the going market rate and stuff, but £30m, frigging hell. It's madness.

Sissoko is a proper box to box midfielder with Gueye more a DM.
He's not a holding midfielder though. He's like McCarthy who chases the ball.

I just think we would run the risk of them both vacating the center at the same time leaving us open to the counter.

I also worry we wouldn't have a player to control the game like Barry does. We have seen how two players like that Besic, McCarthy or McCarthy, Cleverly doesn't really work.

Sissoko is a proper box to box midfielder with Gueye more a DM.

Yeh but the thing is we need some steadyness in midfield on the ball. Barry provides that.

Sissoko is a good box to box player but he isn't somebody who can 'control' a game.

Not that I'd be against the signing at all, just saying that Barry adds that element of control and pace-setting that Gueye and the others lack.

I wouldn't mind Sissoko as long as he's utilised properly (i.e. central midfield)

I really like him as a player (not sure on his attitude). Technically he's good, he's strong and a powerful runner with pace and energy. Played in CM he could be yet another bit of superb business. Him and Gueye would be excellent foo the pressing game and would cover so much ground. Sissoko isnt too bad driving forward either.

Dont know about the £30mill tag tho, unless McCarthy is off for about £20mill.

I thought Koeman's opinion when he signed him was that he still wanted a No 1.
"Ronald Koeman has hailed new signing Maarten Stekelenburg as the perfect blend of quality and experience.

The Everton boss said that adding extra competition for the Number one shirt was his first priority upon arrival at Goodison, and believes the 33-year-old still has his best years ahead".
You obviously read something different into the quote.

Yeh but the thing is we need some steadyness in midfield on the ball. Barry provides that.

Sissoko is a good box to box player but he isn't somebody who can 'control' a game.

Not that I'd be against the signing at all, just saying that Barry adds that element of control and pace-setting that Gueye and the others lack.

Yea. Bazoer playing the pivot would be better.

He's not a holding midfielder though. He's like McCarthy who chases the ball.

I just think we would run the risk of them both vacating the center at the same time leaving us open to the counter.

I also worry we wouldn't have a player to control the game like Barry does. We have seen how two players like that Besic, McCarthy or McCarthy, Cleverly doesn't really work.

Bazoer playing the pivot would be better.

He's more tactically aware than McCarthy. Watch today, he chases but he knows where and what position he needs to be. McCarthy carries on chasing even when he's dragged out if position.

Status
Not open for further replies.