Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has now made it clear he wants out, no point in keeping a player with that attitude. He should put in a written ttransfer request not just speak to the manager. Then it would be up to clubs to come to us and make an offer and it could be any club. The ball is inhis court to put in a written request and City to make an offer.

With his attitude as it is seen now even if City did not come in how could we play him any more.

John Stones is a Rolls Royce of a footballer, he's only going to get better aswell. It's a shame that we may lose him, but like Neville Southall said, if a player doesn't want to be here then he's no use to us. No doubt his form last season was all Martinez' fault, but I can't see him maintaining his value if he plays with his head up his arse this season and then we are left with him only having 2 years left.

I just hope we are in the middle of negotiations to bring in a top quality replacement as IMO Mori will never be good enough, I think it's essential we agree a fee for his replacement before having clubs upping their asking prices.

Just listening to TalkSport in the car, sue me, anyway, they reckon Stones 53m is done, the clubs are discussing payment options.

Just passing on the info lads, im aware of what utter biffs they are.

The last 2 summers Mourinho and Guardiola have been after him. I guess the neanderthals on here know more than them.

And yet this summer Jose, with gazillions to spend apparently, is not bothering renewing his interest.

Happen he watched Stones last season and now thinks it is now best to swerve at that kind of dough?

Jose and the neanderhals now singing from the same hymnsheet :blush:

No, I would not keep him on the bench.

Yes, I would sell him for as much as we can get for him......which I made clear in my other post

Stones can go for all I care.

Letting Ken McNaught go was a bigger issue fir me than selling Stines as Ken was a proper centre half who commanded the box and actually won headers.

No, Mikey.

My gripe is with those among our own fans who come on here empathising with players rather than the club.

We all want to see our team higher up the league and winning things, or so I thought.

That would be a darned sight easier if players like Stones recognised the opportunity we gave him and at least tried to repay us in that regard by giving it another year or two under the new regime to see how it goes.

That is extremely idealistic if me I know, but in my world Everton FC is much bigger and way more important than the any player ergo my first priority is Everton winning things, not John Stones.

I don't think anyone is "emphasising" with him

We just understand why he'd want to go and have no malice in a guy who has given us 3 years of his life deciding he wants to play for another football team

He's not talking the club down, he's not being a tit, he just wants to go

Fine, fair enough

He's not a Blue himself and he didn't come from our own academy, so why should he owe us anything other than his honesty?

It just seems unfair in my eyes, when he's seemingly going about it the right way

People change jobs all the time. That's all Everton is to him. So long as he gives his all whenever he puts that shirt on, then that's fine for me

Again, if he was a Blue, had been here for ages or come through our own system, I'd understand your feelings more, but he's none of that stuff

I don't expect his loyalty, I expect him to be professional, which thus far he's being

And yet this summer Jose, with gazillions to spend apparently, is not bothering renewing his interest.

Happen he watched Stones last season and now thinks it is now best to swerve at that kind of dough?

Jose and the neanderhals now singing from the same hymnsheet :blush:

You think Jose really wants to get jogged on by us again?

I don't think anyone is "emphasising" with him

We just understand why he'd want to go and have no malice in a guy who has given us 3 years of his life deciding he wants to play for another football team

He's not talking the club down, he's not being a tit, he just wants to go

Fine, fair enough

He's not a Blue himself and he didn't come from our own academy, so why should he owe us anything other than his honesty?

It just seems unfair in my eyes, when he's seemingly going about it the right way

People change jobs all the time. That's all Everton is to him. So long as he gives his all whenever he puts that shirt on, then that's fine for me

Again, if he was a Blue, had been here for ages or come through our own system, I'd understand your feelings more, but he's none of that stuff

I don't expect his loyalty, I expect him to be professional, which thus far he's being

Lots are empathising with him, Mikey.

And you have just done so again, my friend :p

The last 2 summers Mourinho and Guardiola have been after him. I guess the neanderthals on here know more than them.
Ok that's fair enough. However, also consider that although these men are footballing genius' i'm sure they have some skeletons in their 'transfer market' closet too.

Do you think Pep has been watching Stones week in, week out like we have? Or is this the power of the city board wanting to splash out on young english talent such as 50m Sterling?

I'll brand myself a neanderthal and say i have a better understanding of John Stones than Guardiola.
I will also say that i have a better understanding of John Stones than John Stones

Ok that's fair enough. However, also consider that although these men are footballing genius' i'm sure they have some skeletons in their 'transfer market' closet too.

Do you think Pep has been watching Stones week in, week out like we have? Or is this the power of the city board wanting to splash out on young english talent such as 50m Sterling?

I'll brand myself a neanderthal and say i have a better understanding of John Stones than Guardiola.

I will also say that i have a better understanding of John Stones than John Stones

Haha, bet Enrique is quaking in his boots knowing your about waiting in the wings to manage someone.

Haha, bet Enrique is quaking in his boots knowing your about waiting in the wings to manage someone.
enrique-iglesias-4.jpg

Lots are empathising with him, Mikey.

And you have just done so again, my friend :p
Yep.

I empathize with him. I tend to empathize with employees over employers. You say, 'repay us'. He did. He repaid us by playing football to the best of his ability, getting his head down, and doing his job.

His wages do not factor into it. They were mutually agreed to by the club. The club can choose to deny his request to leave (unless there is a contractual clause) and I would expect him to get his head down and do his job, as he did sign the contract, afterall.

But why demonize someone for wanting what they feel is best for themselves? Is that not the nature of a market economy? Of course I want was is best for Everton first. But that doesn't mean I have to ignore intellectual consistency in my views...which as stated above tend to side with labor.

John Stones isn't Everton. It will exist with or without him. It's a shame it will likely be without him. Doesn't make him a snake, or a bad footballer, or a tit, or any of the vitriolic reactions.

He's an employee with an opportunity at a (presently) bigger company.

Remember he's not a Blue. To him it is a business, as it should be...anything else would leave him open to exploitation.

Thing is.

We sign a first team ready defender to replace him and our defence will improve now rather than in 3 years time. So whoever his replacement ends up being, it could well improve the first 11 straight away which would be worth more places in the League.

So as much as I'd say for stones to stay, swapping a 21 year old defender for one more experienced and better now , only benefits us.

End of the day,answer me this.

What will we miss from Stones as a team? What is it that makes his departure a disaster that we can't possibly buy elsewhere cheaper?

There is nothing that we can't get in the market place that Stones has which others don't.

You can talk about his ability to bring it out from the back but the fact is foreign defenders have been doing it for years and it's only the fact he is English that makes it so seemingly rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.