Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be lovely if our fans stopped being so "sympathetic" with players who want to "further their careers" or line their pockets and instead put the interest of EFC ahead of these entitled buggers.

If we all took that attitude then we will remain "a mid table team" and we should just let any player who thinks he can take a "step up" walk out the minute a "bigger club" comes calling.

You would have Everton as the Uriah Heep of English football with that type of thinking, Ash.

We are Everton and we are ever so 'umble :(

Stones can just do one as far as I am concerned.

And far from not "blaming" him for wanting to leave, I think he should be more "sympathetic" to the hopes and aspirations of the football club which plucked him from obscurity.....when the only serious rival to us for his signature was Wigan FFS...gave him a chance at first team football he would not have had at City, stuck by him when mistake was piling upon mistake on the pitch and gave him a platform to become an international player.

All in a couple of years.

Make no mistake here......Everton FC owes Stones bugger all.

He on the other hand owes his current elevated status to our Grand Old Team and to David Moyes and Roberto Martinez in particular.

As others have said, he is valued far above what he has shown on the pitch thus far and he may or may not turn out to be a great player in the end.

One thing is for sure.....the phoney war is over for him and City will be expecting fifty million quid performances from him right away.

And their fans won't indulge his mistakes on the grounds that "he is young but he will be great in two or three years time".

As the much lamented @davek once said......"he might turn into the next Beckanbauer.....but let's just take the money and let somebody else teach him to fill that role".

:pint2:

This.

Because hey, god bless these young millionaires ..... they need a leg-up in life already, yes?

Priorities, man.

If what the echo are saying is true, then I feel sorry for Stones if Man City, or anyone else don't meet, or get close to our valuation of him, and he has to stay with us, especially with the amount of grief he's getting on here now.

Truth is Lou he has stabbed himself in the back and will have to face the consequences, the club told him he was wanted here but greed calls

Abuse the person providing a lack of defensive coaching perhaps? Understand that he was coached to not hoof the ball out no matter what pressure he was under?

FFS look at his age. Most people his age would walk after that amount of abuse. I quit jobs for lesser offences at that age!
aye but the abuse kinda was directed at the manager most of the time. even that video at wembley where jags is telling ross they aren't booing you, they are booing him.

I fully understand him wanting to leave the club, but i don't think the fans necesserily turned on him, the love he would have got at the start of the season was better than most players get anyway!

Truth is Lou he has stabbed himself in the back and will have to face the consequences, the club told him he was wanted here but greed calls

The thing is though mate, I don't see it as greed, I just see a young lad who is a boss player, who is too eager to make the big time to quick, it's been proven though that that can be the wrong move to make.

For the money he's going to go for, he won't be expected to make any of the mistakes he's made for us. He's going to be one of the worlds most expensive defenders and if he thinks he's experienced pressure here, then he's in for a big shock.
The British press love failure and will be waiting for him to fail early doors.

He's going to have to be an almost perfect centre half immediately or he's got some bad stuff coming his way.

I think he's mad not wanting to work under Koeman and a new look Everton who have a bit of change and ambition for once. But unless your a blue, you'll think he's mad not to go work with guardiola and a ready made league winning side.

I'd like to think if I was him, I'd want to earn my way to the top with Everton.

I Imagine james Vardy and mahrez enjoyed winning the league with Leicester more than they would of if they did it with City where you're expected to win it every season.

:pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.