New Everton Stadium Discussion

Whilst backpacking around Central America, @The Esk became involved in an impromptu game of street cricket in downtown Caracas. Esk opted to use a small Peruvian schoolboy as a bat and managed to score a respectable 44 off 5 overs, including a six and 3 fours, before the boy (Juan)
was called in for tea by his mum.

The locals were so entranced with the Esk and his skill with the bat that they erected a statue of him in the central plaza and every year on the anniversary of the original cricket game, locals gather in the Plaza in front of the statue and chant his name. "Esk Esk Esk".

Alas the story is not so great for young boy (Juan) who dropped out of school and became a drug mule for the local cartel. Rumur has it that he was eaten alive by a hungry Cayman in the local swamp.

At least it wasn't golf. A hole in Juan would have been too much to bear.

Kings Dock plan B, eh? (back on topic)

timthumb.php

Fantastico

I am more excited about the stadium than anything else, since it is the key to our long term prosperity through increased revenues. I am also aware that when Arsenal were building the Emirates, their transfer kitty wasn't massive. If Mr Moshiri is able to finance a ground AND a big transfer kitty, that would be incredible, but I would be quite happy if the transfer pot was reasonably modest as long as the ground is sorted.

If it is proceeding at the speed we think it is (with prices being asked from building companies), that is seriously impressive!