Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't resort to insults
I wasn't including Barkley who is number 10. I was talking about the 2 centre midfielders.
Obviously you think Barry McCarthy and besic are good enough. The last 2 seasons tell me Different.
Barry is 35, McCarthy is pants and besic still unknown due to injuries and lack of game time.

Your obviously happy with mediocrity mate. Im not and I think we have a manager now who won't be.

If you think next season are 2 midfielders, week in week out are going to be between Barry McCarthy and besic. I think your going to be in for a surprise

Are you simple mate

I have clearly said in the comment that we wouldn't need world class players to improve on what we have, Meaning our current midfield is poor

Yes Barry is good enough as proven last season and why do we have to have a sole CDM? Koeman has proven in his teams he plays with two.
Barry did have a good season. But RK has talked about pressing in his latest interview, and I'm not sure Barry could handle that.

Besic could fit into his style. I think RK will want midfielders who not only press and get around the pitch, but are technically good to.

Obviously theses type of players cost big money

Sirigu £15 million
Schneidelin: £25 million
Witsel: £20 million
Mata: £35 million
Pelle: £15 million

£110 million spent

Sirigu

Coleman
Stones
Mori
Baines

Witsel
Schneiderlin

Deulofeu
Barkley
Mata

Lukaku

£100 million budget + £10 million from shipping out Niasse, Mcgeady and one/both of Cleverly or Kone

Barry did have a good season. But RK has talked about pressing in his latest interview, and I'm not sure Barry could handle that.

Besic could fit into his style. I think RK will want midfielders who not only press and get around the pitch, but are technically good to.

Obviously theses type of players cost big money

Again, I'm not saying he will start any or all games next season just he's good enough. Plus he's statistically the best runner we have over the course of matches.

Are you simple mate

I have clearly said in the comment that we wouldn't need world class players to improve on what we have, Meaning our current midfield is poor
And yet you called my post, in Which I said WE HAVE 2ND RATE MIDFIELDERS. ludicrous

I would say you are the simple one

I literally don't think he played 4-4-2 once the last two seasons.
Nope we played

4-2-3-1 with martinez if you count the 3 as Barkley cam and two wingers, was a mess of formation really the key downfall was playing 2 cdm's, not having space between, CDM and CAM (Ross/ Lukaku isolated)

This is why we will most likely play 1 CDM under Koeman, two strikers a real CM and tighter formation/ instead of full backs and wingers going gung-ho

He will possibly look to play Geri as more of a right mid instead of Right winger. Ross could maybe be a shadow striker up in a two

Get in a left mid have Morgan and Witsel in center.

Anybody else thought Koeman could either Push Ross to play Just behind a striker up in a two, like a Muller type role?

or even drop him back to Center mid, don't think he has creativity to be a pure CAM, should develop into one of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.